The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Hide > NFA Guns and Gear

Old July 17, 2002, 09:52 AM   #1
SDC

Anyone going to the Hiram Maxim shoot in Maine this weekend?

Just curious; I've been 3 times, and enjoyed every one. I'm wondering what's going to be on the line, and what's going to be available for rent. 4 of us are coming down from the Ottawa area ("a true north , strong & free" - NOT!), and I'm hoping that there'll be plenty of unique stuff for them to try out, because I'm the unofficial "tour guide". Hope to see you there.
Old July 17, 2002, 10:49 PM   #2
BlkHawk73

This will be my 4th or 5th attendace this year. You can expect to see a lot of the same people/guns you've seen at prior events and also a few new ones. It's hard to say what "big" stuff will be there. At least one place always has a variety of models for rental. Best piece of advice...dress for the weather - last year was HOT! (90-95+). Also if you can arrive early and try to park one the dirt road heading into to event. Bring soem food and beverages and leave them in the vehicle in a cooler. During a break in the action head back (make sure your stamped for re-addmittance) and eat there. It'll be cooler (w/ AC) and cheaper than eating from the vendors. Also, take time to visit the dealer tents. (gotta say that my brother is one of them) There's A LOT of knowledge under that canvas.

Most of all...ENJOY!