The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Skunkworks > Handloading, Reloading, and Bullet Casting

Old February 4, 2013, 06:37 PM   #1
adamc

Encouraging ? I just got a small part of my Precision Delta order

I got home and there were 100 45acp 200grain hp in the mail

After a month..........
now for the rest ???

Connecticut was the Cradle of the Gun Industry, NOW it is just a Pine Box,
Courtesy of our Governor "Chairman MAO Malloy"
Old February 4, 2013, 07:39 PM   #2
lamarw

Good to hear. I received my partial order a couple of weeks ago. I received my 1000 9mm bullets, and I am awaiting my 1000 order of 45 ACP 230 grain bullets.

Your order receipt may indicate my remaining order is coming soon.
Old February 4, 2013, 10:14 PM   #3
907arcticcat

Nice to hear you got a few bullets.

I know everyone is running full out, but Precision Delta is testing my patience. I ordered 2k 230 gr. 6 weeks ago and still they have yet to ship even though they showed in stock when I ordered. I didn't want to tie up their phones with "where's my order" questions, but I finally called a couple days ago. All I got was....sorry they are on backorder, our machine is down and no ETA. I understand issues arise, but don't show items in stock if that's not the case. I had other options at the time, but many of those have long passed. I just wish they had either called, emailed or updated their website with a disclaimer like it has now!

And I'm not just picking on Precision Delta! After 5 weeks, Wideners emailed me to say my order was shipping that day (Friday) or Monday at the latest.....that was over 2 weeks ago and still no movement! I will say Midway has been just the opposite. I have received at least 5 shipments in the past 3 weeks and everything that wasn't backordered shipped with 2 days.

Many of these retailers have messages on their home pages that say "No phone calls, email only......3 week shipping delay etc." I say if you are so busy that shipments are backlogged 3 weeks plus, quit taking orders! Customer service should come first!
Old February 4, 2013, 11:41 PM   #4
lamarw

A lot of places like Berry's , Powder Valley, and I guess others have stopped taking orders. You and I should feel blessed I guess to have an order acceped and in the que. Most of the reputable places like the ones mentioned will not charge our cards until shipped.

Would you prefer to find none of the internet sellers accepting orders? It has gotten to that point.

It is amazing to think we should be thankful just to have our orders accepted.
Old February 5, 2013, 12:13 AM   #5
907arcticcat

It sometimes feel that way after sitting on hold for 30 minutes just to have the privilege of spending $500 on a hobby.

I do like Precision and the ladies there are very nice and I will continue to give them my business.

I will say it again....Midway has been great during this rush! Usually not the cheapest, but their shipping/order management system is second to none. I really like pulling up my order history to check what has shipped, what's backorder and be able to easily locate tracking numbers. Plus it keeps the phone lines free for orders and in some measure, might be the reason they ship so quickly.
Old February 5, 2013, 12:32 AM   #6
lamarw

I agree about the customer service from Midway. I am a good customer of their's. In my view, they are mostly a middle man in the purchase of most reloading supplies like bullets, primers and powders.

Unless Midway has a stockage, it is doubtful you will get it from them before you get it from Berry's or other manufacturers. In this day in time, it pays to check every source and Midway is one.

We are awaiting news of any and all available sources.
Old February 5, 2013, 06:44 AM   #7
spacecoast

Got 1,000 each of 225 gr. wadcutters and 200 gr. semi-wadcutters from Penn Bullets last night (both .45 ACP). That's 61 lbs of bullets in one medium flat rate box. I ordered them in late November. The wadcutters are custom bullets so it takes them a while to get enough orders for a run.

My 7K primers from Natchez are also on the way, got the shipping notice on Sunday and they should be here tomorrow.

Last edited by spacecoast; February 5, 2013 at 06:50 AM.
Old February 5, 2013, 07:44 AM   #8
adamc

Agreed that No orders should be taken until the business is caught up,
OR they clearly state that several week/month backlog is in place.

Precision Delta products seem to be good, but I'm still waiting for the large balance of my order.

I'm starting to fight a company who immediately charged my CC a month ago, and I have had no shipment or communications from them I've tried many times..no answer
I will give a few more days and them contact the CC company to hold payment.

Connecticut was the Cradle of the Gun Industry, NOW it is just a Pine Box,
Courtesy of our Governor "Chairman MAO Malloy"
Old February 5, 2013, 09:08 AM   #9
Knight Diver

Precision Delta is a great place to order bullets. You just have to plan ahead as they are often out of stock (ie. waiting for a production run). I learned this years ago and just try to not get caught short by ordering in advance.

I, for one, am happy to be able to place a backorder rather than hoping to find a supplier who has stock. I would rather place an order and get "in line" for stock when it arrives than hope to catch one with the items in stock. Lately the "in stock" places have been pretty rare!

Midway ships quickly when it is in stock. That's great and I use that. Precision Delta usually accepts backorders and has great products at low prices. I use that, too!
Old February 5, 2013, 09:09 AM   #10
spacecoast

Quote:
I'm starting to fight a company who immediately charged my CC a month ago
Penn charged my CC on Dec. 9 but I know they are a small company working with a heavy backlog, and I've bought from them before, so no big deal. Be patient with the small guys, they don't have a lot of resources and they offer great products at reasonable cost.