The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Firing Line Gun Show > Retail Deals and Feedback

Notices

Old February 16, 2011, 08:10 PM   #1
JimmyH

Beware of Marksman

In December 2010 I was told by an employee of Marksman Indoor Shooting range in Tucson, Az (DBA OCONGI for O'Connell/Gibson). that they could get a Glock 23LE in 7 to 10 days, if fact the gun was at thier distributor with my name on it and all I had to do was pay for it. So I did. After 10 days I called to find out the status of my order, and was told that it was not in and they would call me when it came in. After waiting 30 days, I went to the store to ask for a refund. The owner, Barbara O'Connell, told me they don't give refunds and pointed to a small sign posted knee high below the counter. I told her that if I had known Marksman could not get the gun in 30 days, I would have bought it elswhere. She turned her back on me and walked away.
So I called my credit card company and requested they reverse the charges, and the reversal has just recently been processed (60+ days later and Marksman still doesn't have the gun). I just got a phone message from Ms. O'Connell informing me that I am no longer allowed in her business. However, in December my wife purchased a membership for me, which I now cannot use. Please keep this in mind if you ever consider doing business with Marksman; if you have a problem with a purchase, they don't care. I will never do business with Marksman/OCONGI ever again, and I highly recommend you do the same.

Last edited by JimmyH; February 16, 2011 at 08:24 PM.
Old May 16, 2011, 09:12 PM   #2
JimmyH

Avoid Marksman Pistol Institute Tucson

I urge you to not patronize the Marksman Pistol Institute in Tucson, Az. Do not go to either establishment, the owner is unethical and does not give any refunds. I tried to buy a gun there, and after 60 days when they still did not have the gun, I asked for a refund. The owner, Barbara O'Connell, was rude and turned her back on me after refusing to refund my money. Subsequently I reversed the charges on my credit card. Out of spite, she banned me from her establishments and refused to refund my membership. The shooting community does not need an unethical shooting range/gun store owner like Barbara O'Connell. DO NOT GO TO THE MARKSMAN!
Old May 16, 2011, 10:46 PM   #3
Shane Tuttle
Staff

1. Two grand total posts here and the second one is this one.....hmmmmm.
2. Unethical? How? Because they didn't give a refund? OK. How about providing the details of the written policy of refunds, if any, provided by MPI?
3. You state she "turned your back" on you? Do you have a written agreement of a refund if they're unable to provide you the firearm you ordered?
4. Most, if not, all gun stores have little control of being able to attain guns of a customers' choice within a specific time frame. I waited over 3 YEARS for a basic production .22lr from a well respected gun shop that has massive pull. You really think your gun shop can get blood out of a stone?
5. Sure sounds like there's another side of the coin to be heard before casting stones when living in a glass house...

Posting and YOU: http://www.albinoblacksheep.com/flash/posting
Old May 16, 2011, 10:52 PM   #4
Shane Tuttle
Staff

Now, after merging your first post with this thread, I have to wonder why you have to post the same basic story twice.

And, as what you stated, it was clearly posted IN WRITING. Relying on what an employee was verbally stating over what their written policy states isn't on the company. Moreover, just because it was in their distributer's warehouse doesn't mean it's exclusively their firearm.

Posting and YOU: http://www.albinoblacksheep.com/flash/posting