The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The North Corral > Competition Shooting

Old November 11, 2008, 10:20 PM   #1
MRRENWICK

Uspsa shoot at Moss branch range in Alabama

Have any of you been to one of their shoots. if so how was it? i am going to try to go to my first uspsa match there this weekend.
Old November 12, 2008, 09:57 AM   #2
SoonerPast

Yes, a few

I live about 90 miles from there and have been to some of their matches. Really well run events, good people, good props, challenging stages

Their monthly matches are held on the same day as one closer to my home in Georgia is the only reason I am not a regular at Moss Branch. This year's Alabama State Match was held there and it was exceptionally well run.

It's a little hard to find the range on your first trip in there. But, other than that, definitely try them out. The IDPA matches are good too.
Old November 13, 2008, 09:40 PM   #3
MRRENWICK

which matches do you normally Go to and where. i am out of villa rica and everything seems to be a bit of a drive. however i talk a buddies dad into letting us use his property to set up our own range so we are going to try to set up some of our own stuff to practice on.
Old November 13, 2008, 10:00 PM   #4
SoonerPast

Villa Rica

Anniston probably is the closest match to you.

Look at www.georgiaipsc.com. There you can find a schedule of matches around the state.

This weekend is the monthly match at East Alabama Gun Club, just west of Phenix City, AL. They hold really, really good matches. The club is about 60 miles from me, I live in LaGrange, GA.

You might be interested in the matches at River Bend Gun Club in Dawsonville, GA. South River Gun Club which is just east of McDonough, GA probably about 100 miles from you are among the best matches held in the nation.

If you want to meet up with me and my friends for this Sunday, call me at my office tomorrow. Check you PM for the phone number.

Mike Stevenson
Old November 14, 2008, 02:39 PM   #5
pwrtool45

Mossbranch website. They're a good group to shoot with. Haven't shot IPSC there in years. Shot a couple of their IDPA matches in 2007.

I *know* there's an IPSC match in B'ham. I think at Steel City? I just can't seem to find any info on it. ( Steel City IDPA I can find, but not any USPSA info). You might check over on Brian Enos' site and ask there, as they're USPSA/IPSC oriented.)

ETA: Here we go: Club finder. Selecting "alabama" and "search by state" will bring up a page displaying all USPSA affiliated clubs in AL. Including two around B'ham. Steel City USPSA. Bunch of other results there...you might find something even closer.

Last edited by pwrtool45; November 14, 2008 at 02:45 PM.
Old November 22, 2008, 09:04 PM   #6
Joe D

Go www.scssa.org for Steel City info.
Old November 26, 2008, 08:45 AM   #7
rduckwor

Come see us down in Montgomery . We have a three gun match 12/7 at 0900 CST.

http://www.centralalabamagunclub.org/

We ain't much, but we have a really good time.

RMD
Old November 26, 2008, 09:51 PM   #8
MRRENWICK

I am out of Villa Rica Georgia alot of the shoots in AL are a bit out of my driving range. I had a blast At moss brach though. I am definitely hooked now. I think two of my Friends are going to start shooting with me as well. If you guys have something in GA let me know for sure.