The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Hide > NFA Guns and Gear

Old December 20, 2004, 11:17 AM   #1
astra9m

Sks

Hi, I know this is for full auto but I was woundering if anyone could answer my question. I have a chinese sks brand is norico i think and I got some 30 round mags for it but when you shoot it the front lip falls down am i doing something wrong. I Have two diferent brands and they both do the same thing.
Old December 20, 2004, 12:24 PM   #2
2002gti

ive never had luck with 30 rounders

in an sks, i find stock configuration to be the best. get an AK if you want to rock and roll.......
Old December 26, 2004, 11:20 AM   #3
3 weelin geezer

You wasted your money on those mags. I bought one for $20 and was all excited about bump firing the damn thing only to have it jam every shot because the lips were all wrong. Whats worse is that I left the original 10 rd mag at home and this aggravated me severely having to shoot it single shot. Then the recoil guide rod broke. Its been sitting around for 6 months waiting on parts. This is a NEW gun I might add. That mag is no more it has ceased to be courtesy of some slob leaving a car battery out in the desert. I shall never buy that garbage again! I do not buy something just to reengineer it to make it work.
Old December 26, 2004, 12:04 PM   #4
wudjalike2no

make sure you push the front part up in there good, and if there is a problem with the lips just take a file/dremel to it
Old December 26, 2004, 08:55 PM   #5
m0ntels

I got 3 30rd mag that work just fine as long as I make sure to load them with the rims stacked right and I just got a detatchable 10 rounder. The 10 tooka bit of work to get right but now it seems just fine. Had the bend the lips out a tad and squeeze the rounded part in the back for the follower in a bit to get it to fit in my reciever. When you first start trying to insert the mags it is a bit tricky because of the poor tolerences in all the parts and the fact that lip for the front is so damn small. As your mag gets worn in to your particular gun it should be alright.

Randy
Old March 1, 2005, 10:45 AM   #6
jsflagstad

I have the composite mags

I have the composite 30 round mags in a Norinco and have yet to have a failure.

JSF