The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Skunkworks > Gear and Accessories

Old December 6, 1999, 10:32 PM   #1
Mike in VA

My bedroom gun is an H&K USP45C, which I'm quite happy with - nice balance, accurate, reliable. It also has a nice set of rails on which one might mount a laser aiming device, which has some appeal. My previous experience with lasers was a cheapie Beamshot with a truly mediocre set screw mount, the whole experience was truly under whelming. I think lasers are useful as training devices, have some obvious intimidation value, etc. and would like to try one again, and the H&K seems to be a solid platform to work from.

Can any of you all share some experiences with lasers on H&K compacts and make a recommendation. I don't really want to pop for the $400 H&K unit if there's something near as good for less, but then again I don't want to be stupid on 'safety equipment', either. Comments? Santa needs some hints. Thanks, M2

[This message has been edited by Mike in VA (edited December 06, 1999).]