Jo Mama

Awerbuck

Was just reading "boards don't hit back"

An ok article but Moses didn't float by anyone on an Ark. That was Noah
Old October 16, 2009, 08:00 AM   #2
toro

"boards don't hit back"

An ok article but Moses didn't float by anyone on an Ark. That was Noah

I enjoyed the article but the Moses statement WAS funny. Moses lead the Egyptians out of Egypt and walked through the red sea as God abated the waters. Also gave us the ten commandments. Moses was found on his own little ark when he was a baby and was adopted by the the family of the Pharaoh.

Noah built the Ark.

Maybe this soldier should have kept the Boot Camp Bible instead of throwing it out of the proverbial window, I'll bet it would have given him peace of mind about his first-timer buddies. Because they went to a better place than WE now reside.

Mrs. Toro

===
Genesis 8:15,16
And God spake unto Noah, saying. Go forth of the ark, thou, and thy wife, and thy sons, and thy sons' wives with thee.
Old October 17, 2009, 02:14 AM   #3
106RR

This might be "Yoda Humor" He sometimes tells the story of the waitress who says "This ain't exactly rocket surgury" instead of rocket science. Louis will sometimes deliberately twist the words for a humorous effect.

I didn't know the RSA gave bibles in boot camp. We certainly didn't get any in the US Army boot camp.
Old October 17, 2009, 10:29 AM   #4
toro

I don't know about the RSA giving Bibles either, but it seems when they send young men in harms way they try to comfort them.

Maybe his story was a parable? Just to get others thinking about the point he was putting across. Much like the parables Jesus told in the Bible

Such as the parable of the cloth and bottles, the tares among the wheat, and the mustard seed. This one would be "boards don't hit back" Of course you can tell by the title and the article what he meant. Anyway, it does sound like his humor

The Bible also says there will always be wars and rumors of wars. I have lived a long time and this I know to be true.

Mrs. Toro

===
Matthew 24:1
Another parable put he forth unto them, saying, "The kingdom of heaven is likened unto a man which sowed good seed in his field:
Old October 17, 2009, 11:23 AM   #5
toro

I don't know about the RSA giving Bibles either, but it seems when they send young men in harms way they try to comfort them.

Maybe his story was a parable? Just to get others thinking about the point he was putting across. Much like the parables Jesus told in the Bible

Such as the parable of the cloth and bottles, the tares among the wheat, and the mustard seed. This one would be "boards don't hit back" Of course you can tell by the title and the article what he meant. Anyway, it does sound like his humor

The Bible also says there will always be wars and rumors of wars. I have lived a long time and this I know to be true.

Mrs. Toro

===
Matthew 24:1
Another parable put he forth unto them, saying, "The kingdom of heaven is likened unto a man which sowed good seed in his field:
Old October 17, 2009, 10:32 PM   #6
Shane Tuttle
Staff

Topics of religion is off limits on this board.

Closed.

Posting and YOU: http://www.albinoblacksheep.com/flash/posting
Closed Thread