The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Skunkworks > Gear and Accessories

Old December 19, 2007, 06:02 PM   #1
Sigma 40 Blaster

Crossbreed Holster

First, I am in no way affiliated with Crossbreed except that I just bought my first holster from them, the Super Tuck IWB holster for my Beretta PX4.

I haven't tried anything other than Desantis or Bianchi IWB leather and nylon BUT the Crossbreed is so comfortable I forget that I'm wearing it, even with my PX4 with 14+1 of 180 grain JHP. I had an OOPS moment this week when I realized that the holster was still full when I made it to the door of my job...luckily I didn't go inside yet so just a close call lol.

I went with this one because I hated the way I scratched up good leather on the inside AND I couldn't find an IWB that would reliably stay open for one handed re-holstering. After reading positive comments on the Internet and talking to a few guys who had one I decided to invest the 66.00 to get one.

I think it's the best of both worlds, the comfort and stability of leather against your body with the rigidity of Kydex around the gun. Good retention, doesn't move around on your belt, and if you adjust (height and cant) it for your body type it is pretty stealthy. I do not print at all under a thin baggy polo shirt.

For anyone new to carrying this is a reasonably priced and comfortable holster that is accommodating to almost any body type. Took them all of two weeks tops to deliver to my door. I was leery of spending that much on a holster at first but I could've saved a lot of money if I would have got this first. Will be getting one for my 4" XD .45 ACP.

I normally do not..."gush" like that but I am pretty happy that my holster problem has finally been solved.
Old December 22, 2007, 02:36 AM   #2
KS.45

My Glock 36 is held well, and very comfortably, with a CrossBreed Supertuck. Second what Sigma .40 said.

Last edited by KS.45; December 22, 2007 at 04:57 PM.
Old December 23, 2007, 10:55 PM   #3
Edward Nigma

I second the thread. I like my Supertuck so much I ordered another one for my second handgun.