The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Conference Center > General Discussion Forum

Closed Thread

Old October 31, 2013, 07:44 AM   #26
Skans

Quote:
I plan on eventually doing hikes at the 10-15 mile 1 way in the mountains if North Carolina. I figure if the bag can handle that...it will do anything else I need it to do.
You don't need to spend a lot of money to get a good bag that will be comfortable to wear for those distances. Just make sure the bag has some type of internal support system that comfortably keeps a space between your back and the bag. Like I said, both of my backpacks came from Walmart; I hike and camp in the N. Georgia/S.Carolina/N. Carolina border area - they hold up and work just fine. Just make sure you get one that's big enough. If you plan on doing any camping, you will want it to accommodate a small tent, sleeping bag, food, micro stove, clothing, etc. I generally pack one, sometimes two water bottles. One has a filter on it - that and some purification tabs permit me to carry only a minimal amount of water.

Be careful carrying a gun in the national forests in that area - I have read some signs that say firearms are not permitted.
Old October 31, 2013, 10:43 AM   #27
Cy4ka

Get a mule or a donkey, they're smarter than a horse, they can carry allot of bags and walk farther than you can.
Old October 31, 2013, 09:24 PM   #28
Evan Thomas

Closed.
  • Not gun-related.
  • SHTF threads are against forum rules (see Rule 5g).