The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Skunkworks > Handloading, Reloading, and Bullet Casting

Old February 6, 2013, 06:38 PM   #1
Bluehighways

RCBS - excellent customer service

I just wanted to say a few words about RCBS customer service. A few months ago I bought a set of .30-30 RCBS dies and they sat in my man cave until last night when I decided to start working through the mountain of .30-30 brass I have.

The decapping rod in the resizer die was running out very badly and would not center in the die body, so I took the die apart to inspect.

I found that the center rod that holds the expander nipple and decapping pin was bent and the threads for the expander nipple were messed up. So I opened up a cold beer and let my frustration over defective parts cool down.

Today I called RCBS and briefly explained the problem. They said they'd get a replacement part in the mail tomorrow morning, no questions asked.

Excellent customer service! If only all companies cared about their customers this way. Hey, defective parts happen, and when a company does their best to remedy the problem, it keeps customers like me happy.
Old February 7, 2013, 12:22 AM   #2
codefour

I have had nothing but stellar customer service from RCBS. They never questiond what happened but only asked for my address. And what do ya' know, a new parts always showed up three days later.

My father broke the shell plate pawl and arm (auto-indexes the shell plate) by short stroking my Pro 2000 press. I explained to RCBS it was strictly operator error. They refused to take my credit card info! I told the rep I felt guilty not paying for something that was clearly misuse. The rep replied, "well, are you a dedicated RCBS customer?" I replied I was. The rep replied, "well we like to keep it that way and your parts are in the mail" and he hung up. They shipped the parts free of charge.
Old February 7, 2013, 12:41 AM   #3
Colorado Redneck

RCBS hand priming tool started malfunctioning after a few thousand rounds. Sent the whole kit back to RCBS with a letter of explanation. 2 weeks later they returned my unit with several new parts. Works dandy. They are first class.