The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Hide > The Dave McCracken Memorial Shotgun Forum

Old March 14, 2011, 09:01 AM   #1
mojave_desert

Mossberg vs cz

I am new to CZ guns and I read allot about Mossberg being a good home defense weapon. Though I am not nessesarily a fan of Mossberg, I was wondering how the Mossberg stacks up against the CZ utility shotgun.
Old March 14, 2011, 11:44 AM   #2
zippy13

When CZ is mentioned, I think of their pistols. Sorry, I'm not familiar with their shotguns. Judging by how seldom they are mentioned, it seems I'm not alone. I have nothing against the CZ, but shooters who aren't Mossberg fans often look to the Remington 870 Express as an alternative.
Old March 14, 2011, 11:47 AM   #3
mojave_desert

Benelli M2 or M3 looks mean
Old March 17, 2011, 07:00 PM   #4
trg42wraglefragle

I've never heard of CZ shotguns before.
CZ make quality rifles and handguns, so im guessing there shotguns are no different
Old March 17, 2011, 07:46 PM   #5
oneounceload

CZ's sxs shotguns are made in Turkey by Huglu and are not the best - not to be confused with their rifles and pistols
Old March 18, 2011, 04:13 AM   #6
Rugerismisticness

More importantly, what is tom Knapp and Patrick Flanigun going to shoot at these two shotgun depleted companies. Niether company makes a good shotgun for sporting work, they are both designed to be cheap and for hunting purposes.
Old March 18, 2011, 04:57 AM   #7
Slugo

actually, CZ shotguns which are made in Turkey by Huglu are pretty good guns. As an avid skeet and sporting clays shooter, I wouldn't buy either one though. Both are acceptable as an occasional shooter. I would elevate CZ a cut or two above Mossberg from a quality perspective. The CZ SxS's like the Bobwhite and their classic Hammer gun are exceptional performers. Nothing in the Mossberg line could be considered the same...
Old March 18, 2011, 11:24 AM   #8
zippy13

"More importantly, what is tom Knapp and Patrick Flanigun going to shoot at these two shotgun depleted companies."
Say what?
"Niether company makes a good shotgun for sporting work, they are both designed to be cheap and for hunting purposes."
Which two companies did you have in mind, several were previously mentioned?