The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Hide > The Dave McCracken Memorial Shotgun Forum

Old November 8, 2008, 06:35 PM   #1
BamaBowtie

My first Mossberg

Well, I have been trying to get rid of my Taurus PT-22 for a while now and I decided to see what I could trade it for at some local pawnshops. I found a Revelation 310AB (Mossberg 500AB) in decent shape and the guy traded even, cause he said he has too many Mossy pumps (14 new, 11 used!). It is a frankengun, the barrel has been changed to a Mossberg marked 20" Accu-choke and the forend changed to synthetic, but the stock was still wood. I put an old ATI 6-position stock and Hi Viz front sight on it when I got home and now I have an acceptable looking gun. Anyone know an age range for the Western Auto guns?
Old November 8, 2008, 06:40 PM   #2
hogdogs
Staff In Memoriam

Congrats... I do not know the age range of western auto guns. Does it have the top of tang safety?
Brent
Old November 8, 2008, 07:09 PM   #3
BamaBowtie

Yes, it has the tang safety and dual action bars.
Old November 9, 2008, 03:09 PM   #4
SWEET-TL1000R

I bet you could call Mossberg and they could probably tell you the manufacture date...