The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Hide > The Dave McCracken Memorial Shotgun Forum

Old September 15, 2020, 05:24 PM   #1
45flaco

Stevens 345 20 gauge

Hello, all.
Just picked up a J Stevens Model 345, in 20 gauge. Won it in an auction on gunbroker for a ludicrously low price, as a "gunsmith special"
Turns out, the only thing that doesn't work is the safety. Everything else is in wonderful mechanical shape. No pitting or rust anywhere, rib is still soldered in all places, barrel has not been cut down.

The downside is that the blueing is gone, and the stock isn't in great shape. Am considering refinishing, but not sure if these have any collector value that I would ruin.
Generally, any information you can give me would be greatly appreciated. I know it's a relatively newer gun, as it says "JStevens Arm Co" on the side, not "J Stevens Arm and Tool Company", so it's post 1912, at least. But don't know anything other than that.

Tags
20 gauge , information , j stevens , model 345