Firearm Purchase Limits 6 15.79%
Excise Tax on Guns And Ammo 1 2.63%
Voters: 38. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old December 5, 2020, 10:49 AM   #126
Tennessee Gentleman

Quote:
Originally Posted by TruthTellers
In my state there is a UBC, no private sales. You have to use FFL's and they do the 4473 as well as a state background check that goes to the town PD where the FFL is located. That's an 8 day wait for the buyer before he can take possession.
I think you make the point. There is no way to enforce that law. People can sell weapons willy nilly and just say "Well I sold-bought it before the law was in place" or something like that. The only way to enforce it is to register all guns. Same for straw purchasing. That is what the antis are up to. They pass the UBC and then it doesn't work (which they knew it wouldn't) then that gives them impetus to pass more gun control. Their theory is that once they get the inertia going then they will be difficult to stop.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TruthTellers
It'll be the same with Big Joe and making AR's NFA items. There are so many millions of those rifles in the US that it's impossible to enforce.
Well, it'll be just like owning a non-registered full auto. People who don't like you will turn you in. If you take it to the range, you might be asked to show your NFA registration...by a cop who was called by others at the range. Further, you'll then be a felon and unable to own guns at all. See how it works? Lose Georgia and we'll see.
Old December 5, 2020, 02:10 PM   #127
Double K

They've already said what they're going to do, tax/register the guns and magazines you already have, drive the manufacturers out of business with lawsuits, and buy back programs for guns you can't afford to own or shoot.
It's an urban legend that they will come to your house and confiscate your guns, they've never done that large scale anywhere or anytime.
You'll turn your guns over to them without a single shot being fired.
Get used to the idea, you might want to sell them now while there still worth something.
I don't mean to sound completely negative it's just the hard truth.
If your of average means you'll still be able own a few guns, probably single shots and bolt guns in non-military calibers, the rest are history in liberal utopia. If your wealthy or a politician your likely be able to own anything you want but it'll be expensive.
And I'll reiterate this again, gun people in general follow the laws, when your government tells you to register and pay a tax on your existing guns the vast majority of you will, all the big talk about resisting is just that, big talk.
It's not a question of if it's when.
Old December 5, 2020, 05:56 PM   #128
Nanuk

You missed one.

None no compromise on rights.
My rifle and pistol are tools, I am the weapon.

Last edited by Nanuk; December 5, 2020 at 06:04 PM.
Old December 5, 2020, 06:38 PM   #129
Carriertxv

Just look around the world at what “swallowing one new gun control law”has lead to. The progressives are wanting one thing and one thing only to take ALL guns away. If the progressives get control of your senate you 2nd is in real danger which is what the progressive communists have wanted for so long.
It happened to us up here in Canada and we don’t have a 2nd only the USA has it in the whole world.it’s the only thing that has stood in the way of total gun confiscation like is happening everywhere else.
If the Liberal progressives get a majority in the next election up here we will be lucky to have muskets.
Do not accept and fight any new gun control laws.
Old December 5, 2020, 10:18 PM   #130
BJung

No more gun control compromise for me. If the Liberals try to make a gun free Utopia, they'll find out that the guns they want will disappear into thin air.

If there is a law I'd want, it's mandatory gun safety classes along with a history and lesson on the 2nd Amendment.
Old December 6, 2020, 11:42 AM   #131
zoo

I do not have to swallow anybodies anything.
Old December 12, 2020, 06:29 PM   #132
Tennessee Gentleman

I did find it interesting that the President-Elect (name withheld) said that he cannot get rid of so-called assault weapons by executive order. But what about the NFA deal? That is making all semi-autos that look military fall under that act. Administrative or requires legislation?
Old December 13, 2020, 04:33 AM   #133
raimius

It should require legislation, as things like a 16in AR-15 do not fit the legal definition of an NFA firearm.

That said, lawyers and bureaucrats often surprise me with "inventive" interpretations of the law and their (self-defined, expansive) authorities.
Old December 13, 2020, 05:47 AM   #134
Tom Servo
Staff

Quote:
Administrative or requires legislation?
Adding semi-automatic firearms to the NFA would entail changing the NFA, and that requires the legislature. Of course, reclassifying bump-stocks as machine guns also required that, but the current administration got away with it. I worry that Biden will try to work under that precedent.

That said, such a move would definitely trigger review from SCOTUS. I've long wanted a thorough examination on the constitutionality of executive orders, and this might be the case to make that happen.
Old December 14, 2020, 06:57 AM   #135
shurshot

Unfortunately, I believe Double K's aforementioned prophecy is accurate and unfolding before our eyes.
Old December 14, 2020, 12:52 PM   #136
BJung

I'm starting at where it counts and expand outward. Last night I sat down and started reading The Second Amendment Primer by Les Adams to my 12 year old. I brought her to the range for the first time around Thanksgiving and let her shoot a bolt action .22lr. She had fun. If every gun owner made sure their family and friends knew the 2nd Amendment, the love of the Sport, and the Shooting Community, our problems would be less in the long run.
Old December 14, 2020, 06:32 PM   #137
44 AMP
Staff

One of the responsibilities of being a parent includes seeing that your children are properly educated.

This involves more than just sending them to school.

A LOT more.
Old December 14, 2020, 07:51 PM   #138
Carl the Floor Walker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double K View Post
They've already said what they're going to do, tax/register the guns and magazines you already have, drive the manufacturers out of business with lawsuits, and buy back programs for guns you can't afford to own or shoot.
It's an urban legend that they will come to your house and confiscate your guns, they've never done that large scale anywhere or anytime.
You'll turn your guns over to them without a single shot being fired.
Get used to the idea, you might want to sell them now while there still worth something.
I don't mean to sound completely negative it's just the hard truth.
If your of average means you'll still be able own a few guns, probably single shots and bolt guns in non-military calibers, the rest are history in liberal utopia. If your wealthy or a politician your likely be able to own anything you want but it'll be expensive.
And I'll reiterate this again, gun people in general follow the laws, when your government tells you to register and pay a tax on your existing guns the vast majority of you will, all the big talk about resisting is just that, big talk.
It's not a question of if it's when.
Big Talk? You under estimate the real American people. And to top it off, many of us are quite aware of the Terrorism that has been done throughout the Country. Around 2 billion dollars.
Who is going to confiscate them? Not any Military men I know are going to harm their own Country men for protecting the 2nd Amendment or any other parts of the Constitution. How about the Police. Lol, you mean the one's that have been defunded and spit on?
Oh, well maybe the Terrorist themselves will be used? Go for it. You can speak for yourself about caving in. But I will not let them take my guns period. They already have Pushed way too hard. Just a matter of time before the Giant awakes and there will be almighty hell to pay.
Old December 15, 2020, 06:20 PM   #139
JERRYS.

you will be forced to swallow more than one now.
Old December 15, 2020, 06:22 PM   #140
JERRYS.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carl the Floor Walker View Post
Big Talk? You under estimate the real American people. And to top it off, many of us are quite aware of the Terrorism that has been done throughout the Country. Around 2 billion dollars.
Who is going to confiscate them? Not any Military men I know are going to harm their own Country men for protecting the 2nd Amendment or any other parts of the Constitution. How about the Police. Lol, you mean the one's that have been defunded and spit on?
Oh, well maybe the Terrorist themselves will be used? Go for it. You can speak for yourself about caving in. But I will not let them take my guns period. They already have Pushed way too hard. Just a matter of time before the Giant awakes and there will be almighty hell to pay.
they win by you burying your guns or putting them in storage, either way you're not using them in any fashion. if you do use one in a justifiable shooting you will become a felon for the possession of the newly prohibited unregistered untaxed gun.
Old December 16, 2020, 02:21 AM   #141
Moonglum

It really doesn't matter what percentage of people will comply with an AWB the banned weapons will be useless.

You can't take them to the range
You can't use them for hunting
You can't tell your friends you have them (unless you're an idiot)
You can't even use them for self defense because if you do you're going to end up sharing a cell with the thug you defended yourself from.

Over time they'll catch people with the weapons and they'll make an example out of the ones they catch and give them the maximum sentence. They'll make certain the trials get a lot of publicity then they'll declare an amnesty for anyone who wants to turn one in.

Over time people will die off and kids will find their "Assault Weapons" and restricted magazines and turn them in because that's what they were indoctrinated with in school and, bottom line, the ban will have worked.

Last edited by Moonglum; December 16, 2020 at 06:16 AM.
Old December 16, 2020, 05:27 AM   #142
Carl the Floor Walker

Quote:
Originally Posted by JERRYS. View Post
they win by you burying your guns or putting them in storage, either way you're not using them in any fashion. if you do use one in a justifiable shooting you will become a felon for the possession of the newly prohibited unregistered untaxed gun.
Lol, they are going to have to build new prisons. Just like the quote in the book Catch 22, "They can do any thing they want that we let them".
Yes, they are winning for sure. And we are going to have to use different tactics in the future to survive. They learned that they can riot, loot,burn etc and go unchecked with no consequences.
They can break all kinds of laws, but we cannot even keep a amendment to the constitution or defend ourselves? We are going to have to make a stand at some point.
They take away the 2a, then they will go after even more. Are you going to let them do this? If we are really that weak then maybe they should take them. We can only win by sticking together, fighting and standing up for what is right. They started this not us.

Last edited by Carl the Floor Walker; December 16, 2020 at 05:39 AM.
Closed Thread