The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > Hogan's Alley > Handguns: General Handgun Forum

Old March 6, 2013, 05:06 PM   #1
Roland Thunder

Sig Sauer Customer Service Kudos

I had been noticing my Sig 226 9mm shooting consistently low so I called Sig customer service. They sent me a pre-paid label so I could ship it to them. I shipped it the Friday before last, Feb 23. I got it back today, only 12 days later with brand new sights.

That's what I call great service. Kudo's to Sig Sauer.
Old March 6, 2013, 05:10 PM   #2
tynman

Good to hear. I hope I never have to use them but its good to know how good they are if I need them..
Old March 7, 2013, 10:30 AM   #3
SmokinSigs357

I'd like to know the final verdict. SIGs use sight picture #3, which is essentially, you cover the bullseye with the sights as opposed to having the bullseye sitting on top of the sights.

Some folks complain their SIGs shoot low because they are used to using sight picture #1 or #2.
Old March 8, 2013, 10:22 AM   #4
BillyJack3

After about 9 years of ownership (Sig LEO Trade In Red Box) of a 1997 P226, mine was shooting low and to the left. Not just with me, but with others that were solid shooters. It bothered me for a while and then I head about the Sig Service Plan. I sent it in and it was cleaned, springs replaced and new night sights installed. Now, it's dead on accurate. I have a renewed love for the 226 now.
Old March 8, 2013, 10:07 PM   #5
5Wire

I have a Sig 229 and a Taurus PT1911 and both use the two-dot Heine type configuration. I like it just fine. Less potential confusion than three dot systems.

We must all hang together, or assuredly we shall all hang separately.