The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > Forum Support > Site Questions and Tech Support (NO FIREARMS QUESTIONS)

Old October 3, 2012, 08:13 PM   #1
Dan Newberry

Advertising on this site?

Hello,

My name is Dan Newberry, and I'm wondering whether or not the site accepts advertising.

We have recently expanded our long range shooting classes in Southwest Virginia, and I'm also offering OCW handload consulting, for any interested. (OCW is Optimal Charge Weight, referencing the load development method I designed about a dozen years ago)...

Anyway, I don't see any ad banners and have not seen any clickable links in any signature lines... so I thought I'd better ask what the protocol here is, and if it's possible or not to purchase advertising, or to put a link to my website in my signature line (if signatures are allowed).

We are also hosting long range shooting matches here in SW Virginia, shooting steel out to 1040 yards. So far, the matches have turned out quite well, and we're still learning as to how to run them more efficiently so as to allow more than 20 shooters at a time.

Anyway, any advice would be appreciated. I note that TFL is high among google searches over and over again, seeming to rank above the vaunted ar15.com when one searches for "rifle" or "shooting" and "forum"... so this seems like a popular place.

Thanks for any help and advice,

Dan
Old October 3, 2012, 09:57 PM   #2
Brian Pfleuger
Moderator Emeritus

Dan,

TFL is an ad free site but we would VERY MUCH appreciate your participation. Your name comes up quite frequently in our reloading forum and a good number of our members have used and continue use your techniques. I first heard about your methods 2 or 3 years ago from our Handloading forum moderator, UncleNick.

We do have a Competition forum also, where you can announce events.

I'd sure like to see you stick around and be a regular contributor.

You're welcome to put a link to your homepage in your Sig line, the caveat being that the intent is to contribute to the forum, with your Sig line "along for the ride", as it were, not being the reason for posts, if you know what I mean.
Old October 4, 2012, 04:47 AM   #3
Dan Newberry

Brian,

Thank you for the kind welcome. And I do get your drift about not just posting to gain exposure for our shooting school, or handload consulting or whatever...

I have done free OCW consulting for years... and through forums like this one, I do plan to continue helping as many in the shooting community as I can--free of any charges. When I began shooting and handloading, lots of folks helped me by offering sound advice, and much of that sound advice came through internet forums like this one. And it's always good to "pay it forward" whenever possible.

You have some great handloading advisers here, and I know I can't add a whole lot to that body of knowledge. But what I can do is help interpret OCW test targets, or give suggestions as to good bullet and powder combinations which might help a rifleman find the load he's looking for.

It sounds like this board is run as a true service to the shooting community, rather than just some financial endeavor--and that's refreshing to know, especially after another forum I checked with wanted 2400 dollars for a six month ad, and that was the minimum they offered. Small time folks just can't get their foot in the door there.

I'll hang around as much as I get time to, and hopefully I can contribute something useful.

Dan