The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The North Corral > Competition Shooting

Old August 8, 2000, 09:57 AM   #1
BillX

I shoot IDPA matches at my range every chance I get. Does anyone know if there are courses of fire for assault rifles? Or maybe a pistol/rifle course of fire? I know it is the pistol association but wouldn't a 2 gun course be fun?

------------------
"Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag and begin slitting throats." H.L. Mencken
Old August 8, 2000, 12:40 PM   #2
Halffast

Bill,

The 2 clubs I shoot IDPA with, here in Texas, usually have a side match after we are through shooting our pistols. Ususally they alternate between tactical shotgun and tactical carbine. The carbine matches are my favorite.

David

------------------
If your looking to government for the solution, you obviously don't understand the problem.
Old August 10, 2000, 05:04 AM   #3
Ned Roundtree

Our IDPA director pretty strict that IDPA is for pistol. My club does hold regular monthly USPSA three gun matches. Usually five to six stages. I get to use CAR-15 in .223, Rem 870 converted to tactical shotgun, and Colt 1911. Great fun to use all three. http://community.webtv.net/chapman1/BLUEGRASSPISTOLCLUB
Old August 11, 2000, 07:06 PM   #4
Dr.Rob
Staff Alumnus

We have been known to shoot rifles and shotguns in side matches as well.. lots of fun and lots to learn. Make sure your COF's include reloading for more fun and long range shots (if you can). I shot a 223 AK and an 870 with rifle sights handguns are either a custom DA 1911 .45 or a hi-power in 9mm.
Dr.Rob