The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Skunkworks > Handloading, Reloading, and Bullet Casting

Old November 6, 2005, 02:50 PM   #1
Bullet94

Old School

Am I alone or does anyone else load like me? I started off reloading with a single stage press and a balance beam scale (about 30 years ago). Now I’m loading with a single stage press and a balance beam scale. I’ve had a progressive press and an electronic scale in the past but I like to load and really don’t need anything faster plus I believe I can load more consistent with the equipment I use. Anyone else end up where you started?

Last edited by Bullet94; November 6, 2005 at 11:48 PM.
Old November 6, 2005, 05:39 PM   #2
hIPSHOT33

I'm like you . I started out 35 years ago loading long range ammo for th army rifel team in Germany . When the Team broke up in 74 ,I bought the A-2 RCBS press and all of the other eqpt.
I have never needed to go fast when reloading .I think slower is better . But thats just me talking .
Old November 6, 2005, 08:21 PM   #3
hivel37

Me too. I started in the early 60's with a RCBS Jr press and even earlier with a Lee Loader. I use a RCBS 10-10 scale. Some of my gear is Herter's. Used the Jr press until about 3 months ago when I got a Redding turret. They'll have to pry it from my cold dead hands.
Old November 7, 2005, 07:53 AM   #4
saands

Believe it or not, I'm still using the Lee Hand Press that I bought in 1988. I don't load thousands of rounds a month, but I reload almost everything I shoot and I shoot a time or two each month. I am thinking about getting a combo measure/scale (electronic) because I'm using a powder that is great for the 10mm, but a real bear to meter out accurately.

Saands
Old November 7, 2005, 08:36 AM   #5
tlm225

Me too. I'm still using the same Bonanza single stage press and Bonanza model "M" scale I bought (used) 25 years ago. I do cheat and use those new fangled carbide dies though!