The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The North Corral > Lock and Load: Live Fire Exercises

Old October 25, 2013, 12:38 AM   #1
stick130

New automatic as an investment.

I own a Glock mod 21, 45 caliber, and a sig 2022 "40caliber. .I would like a new auto as an investment but if needed for protection. The glock was around $500. The sig 40 cal mod 2022. I want to buya new automatic as an investment prefer larger than a 9mm

Last edited by stick130; October 27, 2013 at 02:47 AM. Reason: wrong info
Old October 29, 2013, 09:23 PM   #2
KMAX

So what is the point of your thread. Want advice or what? If so, you will probably need to provide more info. Budget, purpose, firing mechanism type, size, weight, etc. There is a multitude of experts on TFL. Tell us more.

Also, I think this thread needs to be in the Semi Auto Handgun forum. Perhaps one of the moderators will move it for you.

I'm not old. I'm CLASSIC!
Old October 30, 2013, 04:49 PM   #3
Theohazard

Welcome to TFL, stick130! But like KMAX said, from the way your post is written and from the small amount of information you provided, it's very hard to figure out what exactly you're asking here. And not only did you post your question in the wrong forum, but you posted it in one of the least-active sub-forums on TFL, so that's another reason you haven't received many responses.

You're looking to buy a semi-auto handgun as an investment? As in it's going to increase in value over the years? Most guns you buy today are going to immediately decrease in value the moment you buy them, and gradually decrease in value over the years. However, some guns are really hard to get these days, so if you can find one at normal dealer pricing you might be able to flip it for a small profit in a private sale. But, most likely, these guns will still decrease in value over the years.

If you're looking for a gun that will increase in value over the years, you might want to head over to the Curios and Relics forum. And if you want to discuss semi-auto handguns that are bigger than 9mm and can be used for protection, you might want to head over to the semi-auto handgun forum. And, either way, you might want to provide a little more information in a way that's a little easier to understand.
Old November 5, 2013, 03:57 PM   #4
Rob62

Hello and welcome to TFL stick130

The Glock 22 is an excellent handgun. You will undoubtedly be happy with it if you get one. As to the "investment" side - Glocks do not appreciate much in value - however they also generally do not loose a lot of value.

May I suggest getting the 3rd generation Glock vs the 4th generation - unless the changeable backstrap is important to you.

Regards,

Rob