The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The North Corral > Curios and Relics

Old July 19, 2012, 07:38 AM   #1
zfk55

What if I told you.............

............That you could have one of these brand new bayonetts made by Victorinox, un-numbered with the sheath for $60.00 each? Would you be interested?
An American distributor in the US is thinking about it now, but the purchase is so huge that they're hesitating, not knowing the demand. They fit the k11, k31 and the zfk55.

I'm trying to find out, and this has nothing to do with us at SP.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

UPDATE:
There are only 500 of these in the packing cases. Once in a lifetime thing.
Check out what the usual cost is in the US. http://www.cogunsales.com/index.php/...bv.v1.tpl.html

I have my order in for two, but I'll be happy with one. They won't reserve them but there's now an auto-email thing set up for them.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
UPDATE:

The bayonet is now on our website.

We are not taking orders for it at this time and we won’t until the shipment is on our dock and we’ve had a chance to inspect it.

Anyone interested can log onto our site now (they may need to create an account), pull up item # MSAK51BAY, and select the “E-mail me when it’s back in stock” option. As soon as the product is received into our system, they will receive an e-mail at which time they can place an order. This does not guarantee they will receive one but it does mean they will receive e-mail notification at approximately the same time they will be made available for sale.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I wish I had a "foot in the door" on this one, but I don't. I tried the Dealer Log-In, but they won't give a break even to a dealer on these. Oh, well... For 60 bucks I'm not going to cry.

www.grafs.com

An'' ole' Brer' Rabbit, he set in de bushes, he watch an' he wait, lay low an' he don' say nuffin'
Old July 19, 2012, 08:10 AM   #2
zfk55

Hey guys. There's really no point in emailing me. I have no say or sway whatsoever with these bayonets. I'm in line just like everyone else.

An'' ole' Brer' Rabbit, he set in de bushes, he watch an' he wait, lay low an' he don' say nuffin'
Old July 19, 2012, 09:07 AM   #3
madcratebuilder

$60 is a pretty good deal these days. I paid that several years ago for a 'new' bayonet. I think it was AIM selling a package deal of bayonet, cleaning kit and muzzle cover a few years ago for $50, I grabbed a couple of those. I'm still looking for a good deal on a dress dagger.
Old July 19, 2012, 09:40 AM   #4
zfk55

Yeah, $60 is pretty good. http://www.cogunsales.com/index.php/...bv.v1.tpl.html

Old July 19, 2012, 09:57 AM   #5
zfk55

And I was wrong about dealer discounts. They are going to allow them after all.

Old July 19, 2012, 05:10 PM   #6
tahunua001

um....wouldn't it be more appropriate to post this in the classifieds forum?
Old July 19, 2012, 07:25 PM   #7
zfk55

If I were selling them, then I suppose so. But if I followed protocol and got permission, would that bother you?

EDIT: Beyond that, why would I try to keep a secret from those in the Brotherhood of the Swiss Rifles? For guys who can't afford a bayonet, this is the chance to have the real McCoy for a price most of us can afford, and it ain't gonna happen that often, bro. .

Old July 19, 2012, 07:38 PM   #8
youngunz4life

I apologize if this is a dumb question. are they 'show' bayonets or the 'real thing'?
Old July 19, 2012, 07:45 PM   #9
zfk55

They're the real McCoy original isue from Victorinox. This is the Dress Swiss Dagger of that type, engraved and given to my Father years ago.

Old July 20, 2012, 12:16 AM   #10
youngunz4life

nice!

thx for the pix zfk55
Old July 20, 2012, 07:46 AM   #11
mapsjanhere

Quote:
I apologize if this is a dumb question. are they 'show' bayonets or the 'real thing'?
Yes
The Swiss numbered their bayonets to match the rifle on issue. So, as these are unmarked, these were never issued. Probably military contract production to be issued as replacements. Don't know if they should have acceptance marks even when unissued. Still a good deal.
Old July 20, 2012, 09:09 AM   #12
zfk55

There's virtually never a way to now if a bayonet stamped with the rifle's serial number is factually the original issued to that rifle. If a rifle was armory refurbished and anything was wrong with the bayonet, or if a soldier's bayonet was damaged, a new bayonet was issued and re-stamped with that rifle's serial number.
When there's a guarantee of a rifle and bayonet ussued as being both original to each other, there's not a factual way to prove it.

Old July 28, 2012, 09:35 PM   #13
Andy Griffith

I clicked the link, but it says $149.99 not $60.00!
Old July 29, 2012, 12:24 AM   #14
Scimmia

Quote:
I clicked the link, but it says $149.99 not $60.00!
You mean the link that says "Check out what the usual cost is in the US"? Yeah, that's kinda the point.
Old July 29, 2012, 12:29 AM   #15
tahunua001

Quote:
You mean the link that says "Check out what the usual cost is in the US"? Yeah, that's kinda the point.
no I'm pretty sure that he is talking about the only link that is provided for the purchasing of said bayonets, where they are being sold for more than double what was mentioned.
Old July 29, 2012, 01:10 AM   #16
gyvel

I also clicked the link and the cost is $149.95. What kind of BS is being pulled here?
Old July 29, 2012, 03:13 AM   #17
Scimmia

The only direct link that's been provided is one to compare prices, nothing more. As the OP put at the bottom of his post, the price in question is at Grafs and Sons.

As for what kind of BS is being pulled here, it's only being pulled on people that don't read!
Old July 29, 2012, 09:07 AM   #18
tahunua001

the OP posts the same link repeatedly one post simply states, $60 is a good price followed by a link to the 150 dollar bayonets. that is what is confusing many people. as for a direct link to the $60 bayonets, there is none listed. if you go to grafs and search you will eventually find a listing for them marked SOLD OUT in bold red letters. this discussion is moot.
Old July 29, 2012, 11:24 AM   #19
Andy Griffith

Now I understand.

I didn't understand that it was through Graf's, and thanks for making that more clear.

Didn't do a lot of good though. I thought there was going to be a lot of them as it sounds like there is a a pile of them. Day late and dollar short I guess.

Eh, I don't need a pointy thingy for my rifle anyway.
Old July 29, 2012, 02:46 PM   #20
Scimmia

Quote:
you will eventually find a listing for them marked SOLD OUT in bold red letters. this discussion is moot.
*sigh*, your third post in this thread and every one of them shows a lack of reading comprehension. AS STATED IN THE ORIGINAL POST, they haven't actually gone on sale yet.
Old July 29, 2012, 07:06 PM   #21
tahunua001

Quote:
*sigh*, your third post in this thread and every one of them shows a lack of reading comprehension. AS STATED IN THE ORIGINAL POST, they haven't actually gone on sale yet.
you would think that a company that has a lot of these for such a good price would try to advertize them as soon as possible, 2 weeks is plenty of time to update a website.

also, why go through the trouble of making the advertizement before you are able to sell,, requiring you to go back and modify the listing later on, that is like wiping before you poop and brushing your teeth after kissing your sweety, it just doesn't make any sense.
Old July 30, 2012, 04:51 AM   #22
Scimmia

Quote:
you would think that a company that has a lot of these for such a good price would try to advertize them as soon as possible, 2 weeks is plenty of time to update a website.
Sure, 2 weeks is plenty of time, but only if they have them already. Again, the original post said they won't take orders until they have them and have inspected them. Assuming the crate was coming from overseas and they haven't gone through all the import restrictions, it could be a while.

Quote:
also, why go through the trouble of making the advertizement before you are able to sell,, requiring you to go back and modify the listing later on,
It's not at all uncommon to set up a product on site before it becomes available. As for modifying it later, that involves entering it into their inventory system, nothing more.
Old August 1, 2012, 07:36 PM   #23
zfk55

Sorry Gents. I should have checked back in sooner. They arrived at the Importers warehouse last friday. They'll be at Grafs soon now but must be inspected first, all 500 of them.
No, they're not the usual $149.00. They're exactly what I said the were. I'll post here as soon as they're released. I'm anxious too. This is my chance at a Victorinox for a price I can actually afford.

Old August 7, 2012, 05:23 PM   #24
zfk55

The Bayonets are in. You may now order them.