The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Skunkworks > Gear and Accessories

Old June 25, 2010, 07:40 PM   #1
alienbogey

iPhone Shottimer App Not Working?

Is anyone else having trouble with their ShotTimer application on their iPhone?

I went to use it yesterday and while it launches, it does not sound the start 'beep' and does not record any shots, even at 100% sensitivity. Other than that (which renders it useless) it works.

The only reason I can guess for it is that I recently updated my iPhone (3Gs) to the 4.0 software, and perhaps that did it.

I'm bummed, I've been using it quite a bit while practicing.

Anyone?
Old June 25, 2010, 07:54 PM   #2
wally626

Can't test the gun shot recording but the start timer works on my phone. 3GS iOS 4
Old June 25, 2010, 08:34 PM   #3
alienbogey

This is weirdness.....

I deleted the app from the phone and my computer, re-downloaded it, hooked up the phone, and downloaded it to the phone.

Now ShotTimer will recognize 'shots' (claps with sensitivity on 100%), but it still will not give the start buzzer.

I've tried all the settings in the app and the phone's speaker is working fine for other things like phone calls.

????
Old June 26, 2010, 06:02 PM   #4
alienbogey

I finally found the answer.......

You must press Start on the ShotTimer, and while the timer is running, then use the physical volume up and down buttons on the side of the iPhone.

I don't know how, but the volume had been turned down to zero, evidently while the timer was running (not just the App, but the timer counting the seconds). With the App running and the timer counting up I hit the volume-increase button and, what do you know, the volume slider appeared (set to zero) and I ran it up to max.

Problem finally solved.