The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Skunkworks > Gear and Accessories

Old June 25, 2010, 07:51 PM   #1
Barbicatter

Very Please with Durham Concealed Technology Holsters

Very Please with Durham Concealed Technology Holsters

Since I'm new to concealed carry. I didn't want to invest a lot of $$ in a holster to find out it's not for me. Already have a beautiful holster for my 3" 1911 that I will never use. I didn’t want to do that again. My husband suggested a Crossbreed since he was pleased with his Horsehide Super Tuck. His Super Tuck is nice but it's long, it has metal clips can scar up a belt. I looked at Comp-Tac Minotaur MTAC very nice as well. If they had a left handed one at the shop that day I probably would have bought one. It had a few more features than the Crossbreed like tension screw and interchangeable kydex for different guns.
I found Durham Concealed Technology on another forum. My husband and I checked out the site. We like that they looked very similar to the Crossbred, used similar materials (horsehide) and they were outfitted with the Comp-Tac polymer clips. For $50 shipped it was worth a shot. I bought one for my Kahr K9 and my bought one for his full 1911. I took the guy a little over a month to make them. Which I think is fair for a one man shop, especially since I needed a left-handed one for a Kahr.
We were very pleased with the fit and finish of these holsters. Leather is approximately the same stiffness and thickness of the Minotaur. The countersunk hardware makes it easy to slip on in off.
It has good retention on or off. The crossbreed only has good retention when it worn. Which is the most important anyway. So here are some pictures. Hopefully my husband will chime with a more educated review. Since I’m a newb this is the best I can do.

Attached Images
File Type: jpg DURHAM 013.JPG (110.5 KB, 303 views)
File Type: jpg DURHAM 008.JPG (139.8 KB, 482 views)
File Type: jpg DURHAM 009.JPG (194.5 KB, 346 views)
Old June 25, 2010, 07:59 PM   #2
Barbicatter

Pictures of the 1911 Holster.

Attached Images
File Type: jpg DURHAM 005.JPG (138.3 KB, 333 views)
File Type: jpg DURHAM 012.JPG (115.0 KB, 289 views)
File Type: jpg DURHAM 007.JPG (140.6 KB, 327 views)
Old June 25, 2010, 09:04 PM   #3
J.T.

Yep, I am very pleased with this holster. We've only had them for a couple of weeks- but so far it's great.