The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > Hogan's Alley > Handguns: General Handgun Forum

Old February 12, 2017, 05:15 PM   #26
IMTHDUKE

Almost forgot. The gun is at Eddy Brown being checked out top to bottom for free....love those life time warranties....Guy at Brown I talked to said sounds like batch of bad ammo...or a grip safety issue, but they would fix anything that was not right with the gun. From now on if I don't recognize the ammo brand, Federal, Remington, etc....I'll pass.
Ed Brown Alpha Carry| Sig P238, P938, P232, 1911 C3 | Colt Defender, Mustang Pocketlite, 1911 | Rohrbaugh R9 | Browning, Buckmark 22LR(suppressed) | Kahr PM9 Black Rose | S&W|M&P C.O.R.E RMR Trijicon | Dan Wesson ECO
Old February 12, 2017, 08:14 PM   #27
wbblazer

So what was the brand ammo he sold you then? Again, don't buy crap ammo or anything that looks like reloads. Especially don't shoot crap out of a nice gun like an Ed Brown. Thats like having a Porsche and filling it up with garbage gasoline.

That's not to say there isn't quality, affordable ammo out there. Ammo sold at gun ranges tend to be overpriced, junk, some guys reloads or a combination of all 3. WWB, Remington, Federal, blazer brass are all affordable options and can be bought around 30-35 cents/round 45 acp at walmart, academy or online cheaper if you buy in bulk. There is even quality imported stuff like Perfecta (Fiocci brand) that can be bought for cheap as above.

Last edited by wbblazer; February 12, 2017 at 08:28 PM.
Old February 12, 2017, 09:09 PM   #28
big al hunter

My take on this, and I could be wrong. I believe that you may have accidentally done a third tap without realizing it. The third round was loaded wrong or cheap/bad primers. Thereby causing a hang fire. This is especially likely if the trigger pull is very light and short. Is this a possibility?
Old February 12, 2017, 09:34 PM   #29
IMTHDUKE

Quote:
My take on this, and I could be wrong. I believe that you may have accidentally done a third tap without realizing it. The third round was loaded wrong or cheap/bad primers. Thereby causing a hang fire. This is especially likely if the trigger pull is very light and short. Is this a possibility?
That sounds like a good possibility.
Ed Brown Alpha Carry| Sig P238, P938, P232, 1911 C3 | Colt Defender, Mustang Pocketlite, 1911 | Rohrbaugh R9 | Browning, Buckmark 22LR(suppressed) | Kahr PM9 Black Rose | S&W|M&P C.O.R.E RMR Trijicon | Dan Wesson ECO
Old February 14, 2017, 05:17 PM   #30
JDBerg

There are types of .45ACP factory ammo, such as TulAmmo FMJ steel case, that I wouldn't shoot through my "good" Dan Wesson Valor 1911 on a dare. However I wouldn't think twice about shooting that same stuff out of my Gen4 Glock 21, somebody once gave me 4 boxes of this awful stuff, am I supposed to turn down free ammo? I think not, I bring out the best trash ammo pistol that I own