The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > Hogan's Alley > Tactics and Training

Closed Thread

Old September 20, 2013, 04:22 PM   #26
manta49

Quote:
you are saying it .Yoy are forgotten cowboys without social or civil reasons .
A smart person don't want give more weapons for protecting , he wants to destroy all weapons for protect .
Protect the heart , the leisure time , all !
Just to inform you I live in the UK.
Quote:
he wants to destroy all weapons for protect
Why would you want to do that people use firearms for all sorts of reasons not just self defence. More people are killed in Europe by knives would you ban them as well.
Old September 20, 2013, 04:23 PM   #27
Spats McGee
Staff

Ladybird,
Never have I called out a member in public, but you've forced my hand.
With this:
Quote:
Originally Posted by ladybird
you are saying it .Yoy are forgotten cowboys without social or civil reasons . . . . .
To ban selling all kinds of firearms, weapons means in your Land losing jobs , or missing money !

That's the fact ! Nothing else .
you have insulted all firearms owners and a large part of the population of the USA. If you want to have a discussion about firearms ownership, you will be welcome here. If you think you're going to insult us and and shame us into changing our minds, you're mistaken.

Nur dass Sie Bescheid wissen: Mit den Saetzen haben Sie alle Waffenbesitzer, und viele Amerikaner beleidigt. Wenn Sie wirklich die Privatbesitzung von Waffen diskutieren wollen, seien Sie hier willkommen. Wenn Sie meinen uns (Waffenbesitzer) so beleidigen, und dadurch uns schaemen, andere zu glauben, haben Sie misgerechnet.

Last edited by Spats McGee; September 20, 2013 at 04:31 PM.
Old September 20, 2013, 04:36 PM   #28
Koda94

Ladybird,

I have a question for you. Lets pretend that all guns are banned and no criminal has them (an impossibility). How do you take responsibility for your own protection against violent attack?
Old September 20, 2013, 04:43 PM   #29
ladybird

Manta49,

aaah , great !
You are from Uk ? Than you know about 15% of criminals . There wouldn't capitalized to get weapons to everybody !

Yes , I'm more apprehensive to be knifed than stroken by a car !

I wouldn't ban knives unless there would increase our estimatet 10% attacks aswell !

Did I say firearms have not banned ? I don't think so . Just I have look for a exact translation - firearm . I don't apart / axcept weapons

Last edited by ladybird; September 20, 2013 at 04:48 PM.
Old September 20, 2013, 04:47 PM   #30
manta49

Quote:
How do you take responsibility for your own protection against violent attack?
For me you would do whatever you needed to do and use any weapon that came to hand. That would only be in a situation that I thought my life was at risk. A punch up in a bar my fists using anything else would be frowned upon here and seen as cowardly . But its not something I even think about the odds of it happening are so low.
Old September 20, 2013, 04:55 PM   #31
ladybird

Spats McGee,

I didn't want annoying you . To read that you keep up a won independence which is ensuing or the aftermath to have weapons is very tough for me nowadays ! Sorry !

Last edited by ladybird; September 20, 2013 at 05:12 PM.
Old September 20, 2013, 04:57 PM   #32
Koda94

Quote:
...and use any weapon that came to hand. That would only be in a situation that I thought my life was at risk.
how is that any different than using a gun?
Old September 20, 2013, 04:59 PM   #33
manta49

Quote:
how is that any different than using a gun?
I didn't say it was, the question was if you did not have a gun.
Old September 20, 2013, 05:01 PM   #34
Koda94

manta49, my apologies I replied too soon. My question was for Ladybird.
Old September 20, 2013, 05:03 PM   #35
SIGSHR

I am of German ancestry, speak a fair amount of German, like to read German history. In the course of my readings I try to understand the German character and mentality as opposed to the American/US one, IMHO the difference is between people who lived in an authoritarian society and who were used to being ruled as opposed to those who grew in a society where individualism and self reliance was the norm and people looked to each other, their families, their churches, etc. and not the government for everything from moral and economic support to self defense.
Old September 20, 2013, 05:03 PM   #36
ladybird

Koda94,

You ask me how would looks my protection in case !

Don't you read or do you misunderstanding my posts ?

Very often I have demonstrated my opinion .
In Europe there is a low rate of criminals , as you can't buy weapons .
Therefore it don't pay out to think about protection !

Otherwise I would force my government as a demonstrater amongst other for protection .
Old September 20, 2013, 05:07 PM   #37
2damnold4this

Our non-firearm murder rate is several times higher than Germany's total homicide rate.

Mexico has much stricter firearm laws than the US but has a far higher murder rate than the US. I'm not sure adopting regulations like Germany's or Mexico's would lower our murder rate.

Tens of thousands of people in the US successfully use firearms to protect themselves every year.

Quote:
Yes , I'm more apprehensive to be knifed than stroken by a car !
In the US (and I suspect Germany), the odds of being killed by a car far exceed the chance of being murdered with a knife or a gun.
Old September 20, 2013, 05:12 PM   #38
Spats McGee
Staff

Ladybird,
Understand, America is very different, historically, and in mentality, than Germany.

Philosophically, the belief that citizens should be allowed to keep weapons is rooted in our American Revolution. Many Americans have a deep distrust of our own government, and keep weapons as a defense against possible tyranny by our own government.

In addition to that, there are many people in America for whom calling the police is not an option, simply because the police are so far away. Where I grew up, I had to drive for 15 minutes after I left the city, just to get to some friends' houses.

Finally, we have a saying in America: All men were created, but Sam Colt made them equal. Perhaps you'd like a world in which guns are not needed. That's not a bad goal. However, in a world without guns, the physically weak are always at the mercy of the physically strong.

With all of that said:
(1) That's enough (das reicht schon) with the name-calling ("cowboys" and "without social or civil reasons");
(2) Several other TFL members have asked you perfectly legitimate questions about your beliefs on non-gun ownership, which you have ignored. If you want to discuss, fine. If all you're just going to do is scold us like unruly children, that's not fine.
Old September 20, 2013, 05:15 PM   #39
manta49

Quote:
manta49, my apologies I replied too soon. My question was for Ladybird.
No problem your question was directed to Ladybird I was just giving my opinion.
Old September 20, 2013, 05:22 PM   #40
Koda94

Quote:
Originally Posted by ladybird
Koda94,

You ask me how would looks my protection in case !

Don't you read or do you misunderstanding my posts ?

Very often I have demonstrated my opinion .
In Europe there is a low rate of criminals , as you can't buy weapons .
Therefore it don't pay out to think about protection !

Otherwise I would force my government as a demonstrater amongst other for protection .
Ladybird, so your saying there is a low rate of criminals in Europe because the law abiding citizens cant buy weapons.

your saying its not worth it to you to take responsibility for your own protection. Your saying that if there ever was a reason, you would petition the government to provide for your protection... good luck with your protest in your time of need. There is no government in Europe that is there to protect the individual citizen. Its a good thing you live in an area with a low rate of criminals. Some people don't have that choice.

So because you chose to depend on others (that will never be there for you) for your personal protection doesn't mean that everyone else is denied the ability to defend themselves as they see fit.
Old September 20, 2013, 05:22 PM   #41
ladybird

2damnold,

It doesn't care , whether being successful or not with weapons .
Do you notice , that all of you are justifying and apologizing all only for selling / having weapons !

Your politicans shall bette care about your jobless people before UsA will be entirly gone .
Old September 20, 2013, 05:22 PM   #42
Jim243

Ladybird, with all due respect, I can understand your position on this topic. Germany has been a subjected country from before Christ was born. As a slave based country your citizens have had no rights. Regardless of who ran your country the people of Germany were serfs and owned by the land owners (Barons) and kings (Kaisers). It wasn't until Herr Hitler was killed and your country occupied by US forces that any individual freedoms came to be. Even East Germany was under the rule of Tyrants until just recently.

237 years ago, the people of the United States of America told the King of England (King George III) to go to hell and that we were a FREE people with rights to live as we see fit. It did take us another 87 years to get rid of slavery so all men were born equal.

While I understand that this is a new concept for those in Europe, it has been our right to "Keep and Bear Arms" that has given us these 237 years of freedom.

Hopefully you will never have to go through a government again that puts a gun to your head and tells you, you have to walk into a gas chamber.

Instead of telling us we should not have our guns, you should be thanking us for the Americans that gave their lives (killed) to give you the freedoms you currently enjoy.

Jim
Old September 20, 2013, 05:32 PM   #43
manta49

Quote:
Hopefully you will never have to go through a government again that puts a gun to your head and tells you, you have to walk into a gas chamber.
I doubt if having firearms would have stopped that , they might of being able to die fighting if that helps.
Old September 20, 2013, 05:33 PM   #44
ladybird

Lightweight,

how is that any difèrent than using weapons , did you ask me I suppose -

That's just not important , when my country has to cope other troubles and nowhere peopldd are in danger by a low rate of criminals .

Weapons are important for children as toys , because they don't care about other things !

I'm right ! All of you or a part at least are forgotten cowboys .
Old September 20, 2013, 05:39 PM   #45
manta49

I think we are wasting our time here, this person is just looking an argument and has no interest in discussing different attitudes to firearms in America and Europe.
Old September 20, 2013, 05:40 PM   #46
Koda94

Quote:
Instead of telling us we should not have our guns, you should be thanking us for the Americans that gave their lives (killed) to give you the freedoms you currently enjoy.
pretty much sums it up.

I agree with Manta
Old September 20, 2013, 05:44 PM   #47
Tactical Jackalope

I don't see why an opinion of 1 single sheep has been getting under my skin this whole thread while I say quiet. Sheep don't know any better, the sheepdog protects the sheep and Shepard gives the sheepdog that right. To protect the sheep from wolves. Unconditionally. The sheep are afraid of the sheepdog. The sheep are afraid of the wolves. When the sheep are in trouble they pray for a sheepdog to save them. When they don't see a threat in sight, they bury their head in the sand. Little do they know that a sheep with its head in the sand can still be cut off. So the sheepdog are praised when they do good in saving the sheep. But then, even then the sheep have remorse for being saved. And claim excessive force on the sheepdog that was placed there to protect them. The sheep fear everything. They fear sheepdogs, wolves, and themselves. Their own shadow strikes fear in a sheep. If we have always let sheep guilt us for being the fittest in this unsavory world of survival of the fittest, there would be nothing to fight for.

Let she sheep graze on gentlemen. Pay LadyBird no more of our thoughts. For they're precious and well thought out. And her mind is purposely closed.
Old September 20, 2013, 05:47 PM   #48
ladybird

Manta94,

that was stupid to speak about gaschambers !

You are certainly in same age of my son and I know your thoughts You are sometimes sitting in front of your counter strike and to have a pacifical thouht I don't suppose in your mind .

Let us talk about Hitler !

Shouldn't we all be very glad for the end of this tragedy ?

Didn't you keep enough memories about Vietnam , Hitler , were you was involved .?

I don't ask you , Manta , as you and I weren't born yet .?
But the others here do have a blank of their mind !
Old September 20, 2013, 05:49 PM   #49
Spats McGee
Staff

This one has already run too far.
Old September 20, 2013, 05:57 PM   #50
hogdogs
Staff In Memoriam

Since I own all the guns I need, i am neither a buyer or seller so I do not fit that image.

I do not carry concealed or exposed firearms daily. I do carry when hunting or hiking in the woods if I feel the desire to do so.

But how do you expect me to harvest game for food without my firearms?

How do you expect me to protect landowner's interests from predators?

What about the land damaging animals we have to contend with from prairie dogs up to feral swine?

Without the efforts of people with guns, food costs in the market would be higher.

So no I think I will keep my guns and use them for all things legal i choose to... If i wanted to live without guns I could do so here or there... I like that choice

Brent
Closed Thread