The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Skunkworks > Gear and Accessories

Old September 8, 2015, 10:38 AM   #1
Magnum Wheel Man

any of you guys tried these See All sights ???

I just mounted one on my 25 ACP revolver, to try out... only having it out once, I can't honestly say that I like it or not... it seems to shoot at least as accurately as the iron sights... maybe a bit better... I'm searching for something that is not too big, & is easier for old man eyes to use, than the original iron sights...

the See All is fiber optic, & considered an "open" sight...

Attached Images
File Type: jpg See All sight on 25 ACP Blackhawk.jpg (130.7 KB, 129 views)

Last edited by Magnum Wheel Man; September 9, 2015 at 09:54 AM.
Old September 8, 2015, 12:49 PM   #2
zukiphile

I would be interested in reading your impressions with more use.

I am contemplating one with a half inch riser on an AR.
Old September 8, 2015, 01:22 PM   #3
Magnum Wheel Man

I just ran 3 cylinders through it so far... I've heard it works best with both eyes open... but I was able to get better groups with using only my domonate eye ( shooting with one eye open )

for those not familiar, there is a tiny triangle with a line across the top, on the edge of the green "optic" block... the rear is a small maignifying lense that you put just under the target ( like you would with iron sights ) then you find the triangle & line, & put it just under the target... using the top point of the triangle it does give you a good reference for accuracy...

the sight uses no batteries, & since it's a block, & you are using the edge, it's quite bright in anything bright enough to really shoot... i've heard they work on shotguns, but i'm not sure with the little use I've done so far, that I could hit clays or birds... maybe the more you use it the better... i'm still on the fence... was just curious if any others here have bought one, & their thoughts...

Old September 8, 2015, 11:48 PM   #4
Shadi Khalil

Magnum,

I've never heard of the sights they are very interesting. What's more interesting to me is the .25 acp Ruger SA. Did it come from the factory like that? Sorry for the thread drift.
Old September 9, 2015, 05:36 AM   #5
Magnum Wheel Man

nope... that is totally custom... started life as a normal 6 shot stainless 357...
Old September 9, 2015, 08:15 AM   #6
rightside

It may work for you, but IMO, it is butt ugly on that very pretty little custom revolver. I couldn't stand it! Is it really worth the trouble?
Old September 9, 2015, 08:36 AM   #7
Grizz12

I have two and really like them. They take some getting used to but for old man eyes, they are great!! I have only used them on rifles and a slug gun. They hold zero, even between guns in most cases

Its designed to mount on a pic rail, how did you mount it on the revolver?
Old September 9, 2015, 08:41 AM   #8
Magnum Wheel Man

the pic rail groove was nearly identical to my barrel diameter, so the sight hasn't been altered, I just drilled & tapped two holes that match the two in the top of the sight, & screwed it on... the 25 ACP revolver has like no recoil, just did so to try it... if I don't like it, I can move it to something else, or sell it, & a couple plug screws on the revolver, & I'm back to normal...

did it take you long to get used to the sight??? I'm wondering if my being farsighted isn't causing me some grief... need the glasses to see the target, but the sight is a little blurry
Old September 9, 2015, 08:56 AM   #9
Grizz12

I'm far sighted too but with my glasses (same club specials) I can see the target but not the sight. Without glasses I can see both. Iron sights get harder and harder to see every year and fiber optic sights have helped a lot, then I went with the SEEALL and they are better.

But they are ugly as sin, its a shame they don't round the corners to smooth out the shape somewhat...
Old September 9, 2015, 09:07 AM   #10
Magnum Wheel Man

thanks for the replies... I'll keep shooting it until I either like it or pull it off...

was hoping it would work as good as a Fast Fire or equal but without the battery... whatever I use, needs to be accurate enough & fast enough, to shoot squirrels... & my main goal is those fast little red pine squirrels...
Old September 9, 2015, 09:10 AM   #11
Grizz12

practice with both eyes open. Triple check its unloaded and practice bringing it up when your watching tv, that helps a lot.
Old September 9, 2015, 09:30 AM   #12
Magnum Wheel Man

might try without corrective lenses... might work better at targets... but really need them to see the squirrels