The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Skunkworks > Gear and Accessories

Old January 24, 2012, 09:31 AM   #1
PoliceMommy

Best Holster?

I have a Smith & Wesson M&P 45.

I know I have seen Officers with one that has a lock(?) on it, which hold it down and you push a button and do something else to move the lever & get the gun out. ((Okay that is the best i can think to explaine it..lol))

I have no idea what it is called though?
Old January 24, 2012, 10:16 AM   #2
IDAHOMIKE

If you are refering to the one where your trigger finger releases the gun, take a look here.

http://www.blackhawk.com/catalog/SERPA-Duty,1412.htm

I used to carry my fishin' gun in one of these. Pretty dang tough, quick to deploy and very secure. Hope this helps.
Old January 24, 2012, 10:30 AM   #3
PoliceMommy

Thank you.

It actually had a "loop" that goes up over the gun, & when you push the button it unlocks it so you can fold it down.. and then do something else to actually pull the gun out..

I know this is such a shaky discription, I don't know that anyone will actually know what I am talking about!
Old January 24, 2012, 06:48 PM   #4
IDAHOMIKE

It sounds to me as if you're looking for "Level 3" retention type holsters. Blackhawk offers a level 3 with the thumb released hood and the finger doohickey.

http://www.blackhawk.com/product/Lev...,1175,1412.htm

Still not sure if that's what you had in mind, but the "level 3" types should narrow your search some.
Old January 25, 2012, 12:51 PM   #5
10-96

+1 what IdahoMike said. Also, take a peek at Gall's website and focus on the Level 3 Retention Duty Holsters. Once you find a model you like- go to Amazon or somewhere less expensive to make the purchase.

http://www.galls.com/search;jsession...2f%2fDuty+Gear

By the way, it kinda looks like your rotating hoods may be mostly found on the Level II holsters. Good luck and stay safe.

I suspect a thing or two... because I've seen a thing or two.
Old January 28, 2012, 11:28 AM   #6
ClydeFrog

Good holsters for women/female sworn LE officers...

If you are a female(the user name gives me that impression, ), and work in uniformed LE/armed security you may also want to see the MP45 holsters from Safariland, Blade-tech & Galco.
The duty rigs from Safariland have special attachments & gear to convert a SFS or ALS holster for women/female LEOs.
I own a Blackhawk SERPA left hand holster for my M&P pistol but for a female officer, I'd suggest a Blade-tech polymer or Safariland SFS duty holster if it fit.

ClydeFrog