The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Hide > The Dave McCracken Memorial Shotgun Forum

Old November 8, 2006, 04:59 PM   #26
Ruger4570

Sorry CALNRA,, you are the ones that elected what you have there,, It is bad enough in NY,, why go to Commifornia. If your life is as bad as you say,, maybe you "need ta' muve outa da hood" or maybe elect people that aren't so anti gun. My advice was simply,, you get into a shoot out with a Rambo type shotgun,, a jury will certainly look at with a different eye than just a regular sporting shotgun. Do what turns you on,, it is just simple advice,, ask your lawyer what he thinks in that scenerio. I figure, I can certainly end a conflict in my home with less than ten shots. If I am wrong,, well you will read about it in the paper.
Old November 8, 2006, 11:33 PM   #27
cloudcroft

...or maybe in "Shooting Times" perhaps?

-- John D.
Old November 9, 2006, 01:36 AM   #28
CALNRA

Well, Ruger, believe it or not, the state of California is home to many true Americans. We grew uph here, hunt in the hills, hike in the mountains, relax by the beach.

We are not about to run from the illegals, the hoodrats and the homies. It's our home and we are here to stay.

BTW Ruger, with your "no one needs 20 rounds in their gun" philosophy, you sound just like ol' Bill himself.
Old November 16, 2006, 03:18 AM   #29
JonasBlane

Hello. Longtime lurker. I recently talked to a judge and asked him about tactical shotguns, black guns, etc, and if those types of weapons affected the way juries looked at shootings. He said they had no affect at all. If the shootings were proven to be self defense, it was self defense and justified, no matter what the gun used looked like, whether it was a tactial shotgun or a hunting shotgun.