The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > Hogan's Alley > Tactics and Training

Old May 8, 2011, 07:18 PM   #26
catnphx

Just got this today. I mean, I'm very happy for those that feel good about the training they received from FS but I get these every damn day. Very slimy, very (as I believe some earlier said) Nigerian scamish, tae kwon do blackbelt factory, etc... Heck, they don't even give a Nevada address.

Maybe it's just me but I refuse to get training from someone that sends me these type of emails nearly everyday.

Quote:
Sunday, May 8, 2011

WARNING to Front Sight NON MEMBERS! The Final, Big, Members Reward is Coming and You Will Want to Be a Front Sight Diamond Member when the Big Reward is Released.

This is Your LAST Chance to Become a Front Sight Diamond Member before the Final, Big, Members Reward...

Dear Scott,

When I have provided Big Rewards to Front Sight Lifetime Members in the past, the higher your level of membership, the greater the value and reward.

If you are not yet a Front Sight All Inclusive Diamond Lifetime Member, then this is your last chance before what is likely the FINAL, Big, Members Reward.

I cannot get into the details in this e-mail, other than to tell you we are approaching a point where there will no longer be any further BIG REWARDS, so I am giving you fair warning and one last chance to do everything you can to become a Front Sight All-Inclusive Diamond Lifetime Member before the FINAL Big Reward for Members.

If you are reading this right now you are VERY lucky because you were randomly selected out of our subscriber list to receive the opportunity to become an All-Inclusive Diamond Lifetime Member for the same cost of a single course!

That's right! An All-Inclusive Diamond Lifetime Membership for the same cost of a single course!

If YOU are one of the lucky subscribers reading this e-mail, you have a short window of opportunity to become an All-Inclusive Diamond Lifetime Member for the same cost of a single course!

Don't miss this opportunity as you may never be selected again to receive a Foreclosed, All-Inclusive Diamond Membership again.

HOW does this work?

It is easy to do.

Simply call my office TODAY at 1.800.987.7719 between the hours of 8:30am and 5:30pm PST and ask for Jon, Doug, Tim, Mack or Phil. Tell them you want to become All-Inclusive, Diamond Lifetime Membership for $2,000 and they will enroll you as an All-Inclusive Diamond Lifetime Member!

We currently have a very limited supply of Foreclosed Diamond Memberships with balances as low as $2,000.

So if you are among the first to call YOU can secure an All-Inclusive Diamond Lifetime Membership for ONLY $2,000.

Here is what you get with an All-Inclusive Diamond Lifetime Membership:

- ATTEND ANY COURSE (Over 50 Different Courses) HELD AT FRONT SIGHT AS MANY TIMES AS YOU WISH FOR THE REST OF YOUR LIFE.
- Attend Annual, Two-Day Secrets of the Ultra Successful Event Free of Charge
- Guaranteed Placement in any course with two weeks advance enrollment.
- 40% Savings On Any Products Purchased from Pro Shop, Gunsmith, and Armory.
- Use of Front Sight's Private First Family Ranges.
- Use of Locker in Front Sight's future Armory.
- Invitation to annual July 4th Lifetime Members' Reunion Celebration.
- Name etched in future First Family Monument.
- Password to access exclusive and restricted First Family areas of website and forum.
- First Family Card and First Family Hat.
- That's Right! An All-Inclusive, Foreclosed Diamond Lifetime Membership for ONLY $2,000.

Just Don't Wait on Calling because the Foreclosed Diamond Memberships with $2,000 balances owing on them will get snapped up quickly. Call my office TODAY at 1.800.987.7719 between the hours of 8:30am and 5:30pm PST and ask for Jon, Doug, Tim, Mack or Phil. Tell them you want an All-Inclusive, Diamond Lifetime Membership for $2,000 and they will enroll you as an All-Inclusive Diamond Lifetime Member!

REMEMBER, to be fair, I had to do a random selection of our current subscribers because I do not have enough of these special, Foreclosed, All-Inclusive Diamond Lifetime Memberships to offer to everyone.

If YOU are one of the lucky members reading this e-mail, you have a short window of opportunity to grab an All-Inclusive Diamond Lifetime membership for the same cost of a single course!

Don't miss this opportunity as you may never be selected again to receive a Foreclosed, All-Inclusive Diamond Membership again and position yourself for even greater rewards in what is likely our FINAL Members Reward coming shortly.

Sincerely,

Dr. Ignatius Piazza
Founder and Director
Front Sight Firearms Training Institute
7975 Cameron Drive, #900
Windsor, CA 95492
Old May 12, 2011, 09:05 AM   #27
Johannes_Paulsen

Quote:
REMEMBER, to be fair, I had to do a random selection of our current subscribers because I do not have enough of these special, Foreclosed, All-Inclusive Diamond Lifetime Memberships to offer to everyone.
Wow....can you insult my intelligence any more? Please?

Hey wait a minute, if you join the diamond membership NOW you get the Rolex watch!

I mean Rolex, that's what self defense is all about, right?

Quote:
Originally Posted by http://www.frontsight.com/diamond-membership.asp
Rapid Response Bonus #7: A Rolex Front Sight Watch. Yes, It's a real Rolex! This limited edition, special Rolex watch is created with a custom Front Sight face made especially for you -- a Front Sight Diamond Member. Everyone recognizes a Rolex watch for its prestige, quality, and beauty. Now you will be recognized for your Front Sight Diamond Membership as well when people ask you, "Where can I get one of those Rolex watches?" And you respond with, "You can't. This was a personal gift given to me by Front Sight's Founder, Dr. Ignatius Piazza when I became a Front Sight Diamond Member!"
EDIT: I am not bashing the content of their courses; I have never taken one with Front Sight and so cannot speak to that. All I can speak to is their rather obnoxious advertising.
Old May 15, 2011, 01:54 PM   #28
threegun

Quote:
I'm sorry, but you get much more than a dozen shooters in a class, your being cheated as a student
Ranburr, Mick3411 answered your question and has attended other training and feels Front Site is safe and effective. On what experience are you basing your presumption?
Old May 15, 2011, 07:52 PM   #29
ranburr

I have been through a lot of courses and there is no way three instructors can handle 40 students. Most trainers will have themself and an assistant for 10-12 students.
Old May 15, 2011, 09:41 PM   #30
MLeake

My father got FrontSight to remove him from their Spam list a week or so ago. Problem is, while the emails have ceased, a few days ago my parents started getting automated phone calls from a FrontSight computer recording.

Not my type of operation...
Old May 15, 2011, 10:07 PM   #31
seed

Kinda cult-like...hmmm...
Old May 17, 2011, 07:41 PM   #32
threegun

Ok spoke with my buddy fresh back from the cult........I mean Front Site. He retook the 4 day handgun and added a shotgun course over the last two weeks. Again he is all craps and giggles. Has nothing but good to say. I'm gonna debrief him on the shotty course to see if I can pick up any helpful tactics.

Anyway he said class size was 40 students. Twenty on the line at a time with the other 20 acting as coaches......so basically paired off. He said there were 4 instructors and a range safety officer. Thats 1 instructor for every 5 students shooting plus the RSO and your coach.

Like I said my buddy is tickled pink with the school. He has attended 3 classes so far and plans many more. Drove 40 hours straight through (with another buddy) there and then 40 back. Must be worth something to go through that IMO. Got the membership for like 199 on a special.

Shotty class was way smaller with 2 instructors and an RSO.
Old May 23, 2011, 08:24 PM   #33
ws6_keith

MLeake - they have to answer and press #3 or something like that. I got those to my cell for a few days before I listened to the message and heard the first part on how to option out.

I agree with threegun - I just went through the 4-day defensive handgun class again (first time in that one since 98 or so) and we had 37 in my class. They paired us up for buddy-system training...one shoots while the other watches for safety and procedural issues. We had one rangemaster and 3-4 instructors throughout the course. Sometimes, a floating instructor would pop in to make it 4-5.

Overall, great course. I'm very happy with the level of training and will continue to take classes (got a Diamond memberhsip now, so that helps).
Old June 28, 2011, 02:35 PM   #34
Roamingdoc83

Doesn't matter how good...

They continue to call 'even' if you signed up. There is a major disconnect with the company and whomever they hired as telemarketers. Do a Google search and note that many people are disgusted with being phoned multiple times a day (I've gotten three calls in ONE day!) I've pressed there so many times my trigger finger is bruised. Bad business practices...
Old June 28, 2011, 03:53 PM   #35
threegun

I've opted out and the emails stopped but the phone calls haven't. I wish I had Ignacius Piazza's home phone number to give him a little taste of his own medicine.

One call was while I was still in bed and thats 10pm to 6am ish. I think it was early AM like 530 or so.

I most likely wouldn't have attended the training facility anyway because my buddy has been giving it to me for free however with this aggressive marketing I'm sure of it.
Old June 29, 2011, 08:45 AM   #36
TailGator

You can call their 800 number, give them your phone number, and ask that the calls stop. They hung up on me twice, but they stopped calling my house. Just don't expect anything resembling courtesy.

A previous thread on this subject, within the last month, was locked, but a search might still be productive.
Old June 29, 2011, 09:06 AM   #37
threegun

So far all of their curriculum is the same or very similar to what is taught at other facilities. The speed at which you perform different drills while achieving appropriate hits on target determines what ranking you finish with.

Good sound curriculum however the high pressure ad's make me gag. I would shop elsewhere if in the market for training.