The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > Forum Support > Site Questions and Tech Support (NO FIREARMS QUESTIONS)

Closed Thread

Old February 25, 2022, 05:44 PM   #1
MrBot

How Do I Know if TFL has Rcvd My Reported Post

I recently reported a post from another member that I strongly believed violated the spirit of TFL. HiBC's post was more than just a little sarcastic. HiBC's post can be read at "Law and Civil Rights," "Legal Use of Force Can Get You Fired," posted December 27, 2019. HiBC's response is from December 28, 2019. I've rcvd no response from TFL, so I've no idea if TFL read or even received my reported post. How do I find out if TFL rcvd my reported post? Not only do I not know if TFL received my reported post, but I also am not sure that I was able to send it since no verification was ever received by me.

You are not ready for meat--you are still on the bottle. Stacy Washington: aka, Stacy On the Right]
Old February 25, 2022, 06:13 PM   #2
FrankenMauser

You don't get verification or follow-up unless the mods believe such is necessary.
Old February 25, 2022, 06:22 PM   #3
eflyguy

I can't find a thread titled "Legal use of force can get you fired".

The only posts by HiBC I see in that forum section on 12/27 & 12/28 are in the Potter Convicted thread, and staff were very active in that discussion so if there was something deserving attention, I am sure they would have addressed it.

edit - crud, didn't even notice this was a thread from 2 years ago. Dang..

Last edited by eflyguy; February 25, 2022 at 08:02 PM.
Old February 25, 2022, 07:55 PM   #4
Aguila Blanca
Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrBot
I recently reported a post from another member that I strongly believed violated the spirit of TFL. HiBC's post was more than just a little sarcastic. HiBC's post can be read at "Law and Civil Rights," "Legal Use of Force Can Get You Fired," posted December 27, 2019. HiBC's response is from December 28, 2019. I've rcvd no response from TFL, so I've no idea if TFL read or even received my reported post. How do I find out if TFL rcvd my reported post? Not only do I not know if TFL received my reported post, but I also am not sure that I was able to send it since no verification was ever received by me.
Your second attempt to report the post -- more than two years after the fact -- was posted on February 17, 2022. The moderators have seen it. As a matter of policy, we do not discuss moderating actions with anyone other than the recipient of a warning or infraction.
Jeepaholic
Old February 25, 2022, 10:17 PM   #5
Mal H
Staff

Quote:
I've rcvd no response from TFL, so I've no idea if TFL read or even received my reported post.
You can rest assured we received, read, and thoroughly debated amongst ourselves what, if any, action should be taken. As Aguila Blanca said, we don't discuss those actions with anyone other than the member.
Closed Thread