The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > Hogan's Alley > Handguns: General Handgun Forum

Old May 11, 2022, 08:34 PM   #1
old fart

Bond Arms trigger?

I own a 9mm Roughneck, I am having a hard time getting used to the trigger. After about 10 rounds it did seem that I was finding it easier to pull but still hurt my finger trying to pull it. I was even pulling to the point my shots were going off target. Will it get easier? If not I may have found the one gun that I can't own, if it will then I will try pocket carry soon with the warm weather. thanks
Old May 11, 2022, 09:09 PM   #2
kenny53

I owned a derringer some years ago. I don't believe it was a Bond but it had a unbelievable heavy trigger, and I think the vast majority of these gun have heavy triggers and I think it is a safety feature. Don't expect much if any decrease in the trigger pull. I hope you it works out for you.
Old May 11, 2022, 11:07 PM   #3
Bill DeShivs

I am told that you need to pull the trigger down-ish rather than straight back on these.
I don't own one. If I did, I would do a trigger job on it.
Old May 12, 2022, 05:52 PM   #4
old fart

Thanks Y'all, I believe I will sell the two I have and suffer the loss in money but gain the knowledge to never own another. I have tried and my finger strength just won't let me do it well. Now to figure what they can be sold for and I know I will lose on them, one has never been fired and never will by me. Maybe I can sell both for enough to get a Wrangler and some ammo. Thanks everyone.
Old May 12, 2022, 07:54 PM   #5
Drm50

A buddy of mine bought one new on sale. He called me complaining of trigger. I very carefully stoned it. Not sear surface, I was pretty sure he try to send it back and didn’t want to void any guarantees. It didn’t get much better, he took it back to store and they told him they all have heavy triggers. He cut out the middle man and dealt it off at show, at a loss.
Old May 13, 2022, 01:31 AM   #6
Bill DeShivs

I can't understand the allure of the Bond derringers. They are as big as, and heavier than a S&W "J" frame or one of the micro 9mms.
Old May 13, 2022, 12:54 PM   #7
Adventurer 2

I own a BA Snakeslayer - never understood all the complaints about the trigger until I replaced the standard grips with the short grips - then the trigger was hard to pull. I put the longer grips back on no problems pulling the trigger - replace your roughneck grips with longer ones.
Old May 14, 2022, 05:31 AM   #8
reynolds357

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill DeShivs View Post
I can't understand the allure of the Bond derringers. They are as big as, and heavier than a S&W "J" frame or one of the micro 9mms.
Only one Derringer ever interested me, but I was scared to shoot it. 375 H&H. I was more scared I would get my eyebrows singed than of the recoil. There was only about 1" of barrel past the end of the bullet. I am sure it puked 90% of it's powder.
Old May 14, 2022, 06:12 PM   #9
old fart

I decided after reading some more and my wife wanting me to keep them, to take them apart give them a good deep cleaning and smooth any rougher than normal spots. I can't describe the difference in words, while still a back downward pull, it is a much easier or I guess a smoother pull. Looks like I will be keeping them, I made a deal with the wife too, since she thinks they are cute that one is now hers. She shoots it better than I do and looks like the Bond's are gonna stay in our house. She said she may use hers in a pocket holster as backup to her Ruger EC9s, it's hers so as long as she's happy I am happy. I will however buy some larger grips and should make them even better. Thanks everyone.
Old June 13, 2022, 06:48 PM   #10
jstert

the cheaper bond arms rowdy/roughneck models are purposely lesser-finished and ill-fitted to be sold cheap. i had one, it was a bust that i sent back to b.a. to fix, and then got rid of it. i still have and enjoy some original, gen2, b.a. derringers. these are nicely made niche pieces, a bit pricey, but not for everyone, and the triggers take some learning.