The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Conference Center > General Discussion Forum

Old January 24, 2011, 01:57 AM   #26
Stevie-Ray

Quote:
The idea with mercury in the bullets was that the shift of weight when the bullet hit would make the bullets fragment, and mercury is also a poison.
Yes, and I figured with The Exterminator, he wanted the victim to die no matter where he shot him. He used the mercury filled bullet on a child rapist. I'm sure everyone here can guess where he shot him.
Old January 24, 2011, 08:10 AM   #27
mikerault

Actually the hydraulic action of trying to compress the incompressible fluid resulting in the entire force being equally distributed causes the bullet to explode, not the shifting weight. Just like shooting a full, sealed jug of water results in the jug exploding.
Old January 24, 2011, 08:59 AM   #28
Mike Irwin
Staff

"How about tip it with Neosporin? That way you can say you at least tried to not kill the guy."

No good.

Neosporin, ingested, is actually poisonous.

Topically fine, but systemically, no good.

Baby Jesus cries when the fat redneck doesn't have military-grade firepower.
Old January 24, 2011, 09:38 AM   #29
Skans

Quote:
"How about tip it with Neosporin? That way you can say you at least tried to not kill the guy."

No good.

Neosporin, ingested, is actually poisonous.

Topically fine, but systemically, no good.
Well, there you go - its a win-win for everyone. Jury applauds the shooter for his sympathy for the bad guy, and the bad guy really dies quicker. Neosporin gets my vote! (obviously intended to be a joke!)
Old January 24, 2011, 02:36 PM   #30
Death from Afar

44AMP- I cant speak for the US Legal system, but applying the principles of our common law system I dont belive that the use of poison or toxins on ammunition to be used on persons is ever legal.

In a combat situation - that is war- poison ( which includes gas) is an illegal method of warfare since I think the Hague Convention. Military force can be used to overwhelm the enemy and no more, and posioned projectiles are similier to no detctable fragmentation weapons.

In a defensive shooting situation, your right to act in self defence ends the moment the threat to you does. Once the danger has passed, your ability to injure or kill others does as well. A projectile that causes injury hours afterwards does not fit into that parameter.

I think. :>)
Old January 24, 2011, 05:17 PM   #31
Speedy Warrior

I've never done it but I watched a cousin of mine put a small amount of tanerite and a small primer in the hollow tip of a 45 acp revolver. No accidents and a cool affect when the bullets hit the tree but I would never try it.

-Thomas Jefferson
Old January 24, 2011, 05:23 PM   #32
markj

I use preparation H in mine in case I aim a bit low you see.....

Tags
ammo , hand gun , hollow point , revolver , semi auto