The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > Forum Support > Site Questions and Tech Support (NO FIREARMS QUESTIONS)

Old May 5, 2006, 09:40 PM   #1
rhgunguy

Read forum rules every time you log on?

Perusing the threads about illegal imigration recently I noticed that people have short memories for forum rules. How about every time you log in, instead of the "thank you for logging in..." it shows the forum rules for a minute or so?
Old May 6, 2006, 02:18 AM   #2
TheBluesMan
Moderator Emeritus

I can appreciate where you're coming from with this suggestion. Really, I can.

I've had a similar notion myself a few times. I have rejected this notion after considering that if one is responsible enough to safely use firearms, then one should be responsible enough to abide by the rules he agrees to when he registers.

From time to time, staff must remind certain members of the forum rules when a certain post warrants it, but this is the exception, not the rule. We don't want to start catering to the lowest common denominator and annoy the majority of our membership with constant (and for most, unnecessary) reminders of the obvious.

Thanks for the suggestion.

-Dave
Tick-off Obama - Join the NRA Today - Save $10