The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Skunkworks > The Smithy

Old March 8, 2005, 02:32 PM   #1
IrvJr

Llama .380 (Stoeger) Pistol

Hello,

I recently bought a LLAMA .380 acp pistol. The gun is an older lock breeched pistol with the name "Stoeger (S. Hackensack, NJ)" on the frame near the serial number.

The gun is like a mini 1911-style pistol and in pretty good shape. However, I'm looking for some spare parts on it:

1. Anyone know where I can get a spare mag for it? It came with one factory ("Made in Spain") 7 rounder.

2. Does anyone know if the new LLama Micromax .380's (see http://www.bersa-llama.com/cat_micromax.html) use the same type of magazine as this older LLAMA pistol? the newer pistols are a little different (for example, they are straight blowback pistols and do not have a locking mechanism like the one I bought does).

3. Anyone know where I can get spare springs, pins, extractors, etc. for this gun?

4. Can anyone recommend were I can research more about these LLAMA pistols?

Thanks,

IrvJr
Old March 8, 2005, 02:48 PM   #2
James K
Member In Memoriam

As you mention, the later models differ somewhat, but many parts do interchange. Try www.gunpartscorp.com for parts; they also list the old type magazine (p/n 111880, at around $22).

I don't think you are going to need a lot of parts, as those were pretty good guns (better, IMHO, than the more recent Llamas); the locked breech combined with the low power of the .380 added up to low stress and a long lasting gun.

Jim