The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > Hogan's Alley > Tactics and Training

Old November 7, 2005, 08:16 PM   #26
Blackwater OPS

Since I dont have a big Texas ranch to go to like some people , Id have to go for the sand bag position on my roof with the m14 Lvl 4 body armor and kevlar with my m1a and plenty of ammo. I have really good fields of fire and I
could stay up there for a week without a problem.

CA PENAL CODE 197. Homicide is also justifiable when committed by any person in any of the following cases:
1. When resisting any attempt to murder any person, or to commit a felony, or to do some great bodily injury upon any person; or,
2. When committed in defense of habitation, property, or person, against one who manifestly intends or endeavors, by violence or surprise, to commit a felony, or against one who manifestly intends and endeavors, in a violent, riotous or tumultuous manner, to enter the habitation of another for the purpose of offering violence to any person therein; or,
3. When committed in the lawful defense of such person, or of a wife or husband, parent, child, master, mistress, or servant of such person, when there is reasonable ground to apprehend a design to commit a felony or to do some great bodily injury, and imminent danger of such design being accomplished; but such person, or the person in whose behalf the defense was made, if he was the assailant or engaged in mutual combat, must really and in good faith have endeavored to decline any further struggle before the homicide was committed; or,
4. When necessarily committed in attempting, by lawful ways and means, to apprehend any person for any felony committed, or in lawfully suppressing any riot, or in lawfully keeping and preserving the peace.

The riot will either be suppressed or deceased.
-Ben Franklin

Spc. Jeremy M. Campbell
Died 9/1/2005
and the best DS ever
MSG Matthew Ritz
Died 11.23.2005
matthewritz.com

For those who have had to fight for it, Life holds a special meaning that the protected will never know.

(\__/)
(='.'=) Someone set us up the bunny!
(")_(")
Old November 7, 2005, 08:23 PM   #27
Mannlicher

now we all know that roaving gangs of unwashed muslim youths would not be able to pull that crap here.

"The trouble with our liberal friends is not that they're ignorant; it's just that they know so much that isn't so.".........Ronald Reagan
Old November 7, 2005, 08:35 PM   #28
blackmind

Nor will we tolerate crusading Christians...
Let's be fair, here.

-blackmind
Old November 7, 2005, 09:07 PM   #29
jcoiii

I'm not going to let rioters get close enough to ask them their religious (or any other) preferences.

I do not aim with my hand.......
Old November 7, 2005, 10:23 PM   #30
losangeles

Quote:
And as a backup if our defenses fall, we can jump on boats and hightail it out, on the Pacific Ocean.
Quote:
.....and arrive on Waikiki beach on our south shore in beautiful Hawaii!

Then, you can help me fight off the rioting in Honolulu that spread from your town
Darn, I was hoping for a laid-back luau!
Old November 7, 2005, 11:29 PM   #31
aspen1964

....the key word from the police..'you are on your own'.....the thugs will wish they had confronted the police instead....no quarter shown...any one trying to set my house ablaze with me and others inside will get their brains blown out before they can throw a cocktail...if a group of thugs approach at once then hold the trigger of your model 12 and pump the gun while swinging left to right (or right to left if you're Jewish.....and oh yes..Blackmind..I am sure everyone here agrees one can read the headlines everyday how Christians are detonating bombs, or taking hostages, or beheading people on camera, or shooting off rifles in the air, etc and singing praises be to Jesus all the while....HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old November 8, 2005, 12:03 AM   #32
ghillieman

The Ultimate Action

If I couldn't book out of here ....... then i would....... lock ,load and all the rest ,..... get what neighbhors I could to band together. than If I felt my life was in danger. when they came down the street(after being warned to stay away) I'd would set the record for most enemy kia, on the books today.... any american should do and feel the same way........ I just hope that this NEVER HAPPENS HERE!!!!!!! I do not feel the need to hurt, kill or maim, anybody,but....................................... THE THORN STANDS TO PROTECT THE ROSE.......... yET IT IS AT PEACE AND SEEKS NOT CONFLICT....................
Old November 8, 2005, 12:06 AM   #33
aspen1964

..thats a very catchy saying...
Old November 8, 2005, 12:11 AM   #34
Blackwater OPS

So, I think we are agreed, we would shoot the A-holes. I wonder what the liberals will say about the street full of dead rioters that the cops could not stop but one or a few gun owning citizens did.
-Ben Franklin

Spc. Jeremy M. Campbell
Died 9/1/2005
and the best DS ever
MSG Matthew Ritz
Died 11.23.2005
matthewritz.com

For those who have had to fight for it, Life holds a special meaning that the protected will never know.

(\__/)
(='.'=) Someone set us up the bunny!
(")_(")
Old November 8, 2005, 12:11 AM   #35
losangeles

blackmind:
Quote:
Nor will we tolerate crusading Christians...
Let's be fair, here.
Aspen1964:
Quote:
and oh yes..Blackmind..I am sure everyone here agrees one can read the headlines everyday how Christians are detonating bombs, or taking hostages, or beheading people on camera, or shooting off rifles in the air, etc and singing praises be to Jesus all the while....
Don't worry aspen, the government is always doing the pc thing. For airport security, they're making sure not just to check the adult male Muslims, but making sure to check little ol' Caucasian Christian grannies and everybody else so nobody thinks there's discrimination going on. Cuz you know, it's a colorless, raceless, religionless phenonmenon where any group can be equally at fault. Cuz it's wrong to profile, you know.
Old November 8, 2005, 12:14 AM   #36
jeff_troop

if it was true native frenchmen i would just say "Boo" and watch them crap their pants.
Old November 8, 2005, 12:16 AM   #37
Scope

Damned if I do and damned if I don't . . .

I do not know anyone where I live who owns a gun (other than myself, of course). In fact, I get the vibe from a lot of people I know that acting out in violence, even in self-preservation or the preservation of others, is inherently wrong. The people I do know who own guns (my dad and company) live 200+ miles away. So if I hear that a riot is moving my way I will load the few pistols I have, collect a few personal items, and bug out. I would rather die trying to get to my family than being caged up in my apartment.
Old November 8, 2005, 12:25 AM   #38
model 25

In my state they have public anouncements and articles in the paper that in the event of an emergency do not expect help for 72 hours. That 72 hours to a criminal is his chance to get it big. To some people it will be a chance to clean up the neighborhood. To me it will give me a break from working and a good chance to rest.

Old November 8, 2005, 12:50 AM   #39
MTMilitiaman

What's mine is mine. I will not bug out. If you want to burn my house, you better be willing to kill and die for it because I am. In that situation, every male in the family heads to my grandpa's property with all we can carry, if possible. First line of defense, probably my dad with his .338 Ultra Mag on top of the well house. He also has a .45 and a Mini-14 if needed. One step onto our property and you take 3 tons of energy to the chest. No warning shots. No shouts. The warning is the "No Tresspassing" signs. You know you are not supposed to be there. So do I. My brother and I have our AKs with 4 or 5 30 round mags a peice. I have my Glock 20. He has his 1911. We take the generator house. My uncle has a Mak-90 with some drums. Him and my grandpa fortify the house. My grandpa would probably have his Garand or SKS. There is about 100 yards of open space between the highway and the house. The drive way is covered by a sturdy steel gate. Anything coming over the railroad tracks is a sitting duck. From any other direction, you have cover and concealment to get close, but can easily be flanked on at least one if not two sides.
Old November 8, 2005, 01:25 AM   #40
model 25

Well I am not so harsh as to say you can't have what's mine if your going to take it I will gladly give you all the ammo I have one shot at a time.

Jeff Cooper in his book to Ride, Shoot Straight and Tell the Truth. He talks of riot control and makes very good sense. Shoot the trouble makers with a 22 LR in the lung. He won't die near your home and it takes the fight right out of him and he will survive if he hurries to a hospital. No fuss no muss

Old November 8, 2005, 01:42 AM   #41
aspen1964

I have also thought that a 22 semi with a lot of ammo would be like hornets zipping the fun right of rioteers if fired in swarms....
Old November 8, 2005, 01:44 AM   #42
blackmind

Quote:
So, I think we are agreed, we would shoot the A-holes. I wonder what the liberals will say about the street full of dead rioters that the cops could not stop but one or a few gun owning citizens did.

We know perfectly well what the libs would say:

That we denied the rioters the right to a fair trial, and we acted as summary judge, jury and executioner. :barf:

Do you doubt it?

-blackmind
Old November 8, 2005, 01:57 AM   #43
aspen1964

..exactly..with a minimum of fuss, paperwork and the mere expense of a few rounds of ammo to complete the whole case..CLOSED
Old November 8, 2005, 02:13 AM   #44
Pointer

Stay put

Easier to fight on your home ground...

They would get to you sooner or later anyway...
Might as well pick your own time and place.
Old November 8, 2005, 02:42 AM   #45
stratus

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackmind
We know perfectly well what the libs would say:

That we denied the rioters the right to a fair trial, and we acted as summary judge, jury and executioner.

Do you doubt it?
I wouldn't put it past them. But I know how I'd respond. In the words of Dirty Harry: "Well, I'm all broken up about that man's rights."

My right to live - my family's right to live - takes precedence.
Old November 8, 2005, 10:37 AM   #46
AMT8951

My 2 cents

Some pretty good ideasstated above. Stand your grond, but be ready to bug out. Even with floods, fire (intentional or accidental) can be a risk.
RIA Midsize .45acp
Glock 21
Olympic Arms M4
Win M70 .375 H&H
FN PBR .308
Win M69A .22
Mini-14
Ithica M37 Deerslayer 12ga
Remington 721 30/06
Old November 8, 2005, 10:41 AM   #47
FirearmFan

I was watching Court TV's presentation on the NOPD (New Orleans Police Dept.) after Katrina hit and I remember one of the officers quoted as saying "After Florida was hit with hurricane Andrew there were reports of gangs from other states making there way there too loot." If a Katrina type situation occurs I'm gone but if it's another type of public unrest or disaster and I'm not forced to leave, my neighbors and I are gonna see what the city looks like from our roof tops for a while!

357. sig 229R
HK p2000 in .40
Old November 8, 2005, 10:58 AM   #48
Mikeyboy

Quote:
So if I hear that a riot is moving my way I will load the few pistols I have, collect a few personal items, and bug out. I would rather die trying to get to my family than being caged up in my apartment.
Scope when all the hippies in your apartment are screaming in panic, when your about ready to leave go up to the prettiest one and say in your best Arnold/Terminator voice, "come with me if you want to live"

My parents are in a urban area where there are either unarmed hippies or armed criminals, If they can't come to me, I got to go get them. I got a single home in the burbs, much more easily defendable. I guess that is one major factor, even if your armed to the teeth, it will be real hard to defend yourself in an apartment in the city. Other issue is it is not about defending a TV or a computer, you want to defend your family, your loved ones and your new hippie girlfriend.
Old November 8, 2005, 11:38 AM   #49
the possum

I remember a true story from the L.A. riots, where one guy stayed put to defend his place. He was up on the roof with a lever action .357 mag carbine one night. A car drove by slowly, then when it came back around the block again, he was ready. One lowlife got out of the car & approached the building. As he tried to light his molotov cocktail, the guy on the roof opened fire on the car's radiator. All the bad guys got the hell out of there as quick as they could.

No warnings. He kept the element of surprise.
He also achieved his goal without the need to take life, in this particular example. Though I'm sure he was ready to if need be.
Hypothetical consequences: If he would have killed the guy on the spot, he very well could have saved one or several other families elsewhere from having their houses burned to the ground. He may or may not have enraged the bad guys to come back with reenforcements. Lots less paperwork and hassle the way it did turn out.
Old November 8, 2005, 02:46 PM   #50
riverkeeper

I live in the city with the highest crime rate in the state. But I can bug out in a 4x in any of several directions in a few minutes to locatons which for me are user friendly.

Will I stay to defend my small place in the face of massive civil disobedience and destruction with few if any folks or cops helping out? I've got the stuff to do it but nope that's what insurance is for. --it's just stuff and my family's life is too important.

I have and will defend my country and principles with my life but that is different.