The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Skunkworks > Handloading, Reloading, and Bullet Casting > Bullet Casting

Old March 10, 2021, 05:14 AM   #1
TruthTellers

Molds for .32 revolvers

Seems like I'll be getting into casting as I'm set on making my own bullets for percussion revolvers, so I figure to stretch my lead and get as many bullets out of each pound casting for .32 is a good place to start. Seems only Lee makes one 6 cavity mold and it's not bullet I'm interested in.

Lee's .314 with the tumble lube grooves tickles my fancy, but it's only a 2 cavity mold. Oh well, not much choice, guess I'll live with that.

Besides Lee, RCBS, Saeco, and Lyman, who else makes a .32 mold? Preferably one that's not going to cost over $150.
Old March 10, 2021, 12:33 PM   #2
ballardw

I don't have a history of the Lee molds but you may want to spend some time searching on various auction sites. Lee does change what they make and there may be something of interest that shows up.

For example the "current" Lee line up includes exactly 2 .41 handgun bullets; a 195gr and 210gr tumble lube. I have Lee molds in .41 of 175gr SWC, 240gr SWC, 195 SWC hollow point, a round ball, 193gr round nose, 161gr WC, 238gr RN, 183gr RN tumble lube. Some of those came with Lee product lists that indicate there may still be a few other molds in .41 out there.

If you haven't run across this site you may want to check on trades and group buys:
http://castboolits.gunloads.com
Old March 10, 2021, 03:07 PM   #3
FrankenMauser

NOE, Accurate Molds, Miha, and more.

But if you have a Lee budget, they're out of your price range.
Old March 10, 2021, 09:20 PM   #4
Unclenick
Staff

One of the no-longer available molds in .314 is the 6-cavity tumble lube wadcutter design. I'm lucky to have bought one when they were still made. Takes a long while to get to casting temperature, but drops beautiful and accurate bullet's once it does.

Try eBay.
NRA Benefactor Member and Golden Eagle
Old March 11, 2021, 02:36 AM   #5
TruthTellers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unclenick View Post
One of the no-longer available molds in .314 is the 6-cavity tumble lube wadcutter design. I'm lucky to have bought one when they were still made. Takes a long while to get to casting temperature, but drops beautiful and accurate bullet's once it does.

Try eBay.
aww, that's the exact one I want...
Old March 11, 2021, 04:55 AM   #6
Mike / Tx

You will probably be able to get exactly what you want from Tom at Accurate molds. Prices might seem high, but you get an awesome mold that is exactly what you want. If he doesn't have one listed in the particular weight he can adjust one he has to suit your needs. Contact him and see what he can do for you.

Others are MP and NOE, but with them your at the mercy if when they do a run on a particular style or caliber. The auction sites are, IMO, not worth even looking at unless it's something like a once in a lifetime deal and the sky is the limit.