The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Conference Center > General Discussion Forum

Old November 16, 2017, 09:42 AM   #51
Shenna9220

Just a point to consider, some of the deciplies carried swords, Peter even used his in the garden the night Jesus was arrested.

I used to work security in a large Church and yes I carried.
Old November 16, 2017, 10:36 AM   #52
Glenn E. Meyer

The article on the heroes has opening paragraphs dripping in sarcasm. That is obvious.
Old November 16, 2017, 11:08 AM   #53
5whiskey

Quote:
Just a point to consider, some of the deciplies carried swords, Peter even used his in the garden the night Jesus was arrested.
And in Luke 22:36 Christ instructed the disciples to provide themselves with swords. Assumedly for defense of themselves and others.

What I really can't wait to see is the full-circle fruition of media coverage regarding the California shooter. I understand it may not receive quite as much press as the death toll doesn't "sell" like media would like (how sad is this, BTW?). The fact that he was a prohibited person, had his firearms turned in, and somehow illegally acquired more doesn't fit the gun control narrative.
Old November 16, 2017, 11:33 AM   #54
ATN082268

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5whiskey View Post
And in Luke 22:36 Christ instructed the disciples to provide themselves with swords. Assumedly for defense of themselves and others.

What I really can't wait to see is the full-circle fruition of media coverage regarding the California shooter. I understand it may not receive quite as much press as the death toll doesn't "sell" like media would like (how sad is this, BTW?). The fact that he was a prohibited person, had his firearms turned in, and somehow illegally acquired more doesn't fit the gun control narrative.

I have largely tuned out the lamestream media and couldn't be happier Does this mean that I have completely tuned out the mainstream media? No but besides maybe the weather, I try and get the news elsewhere when I can...
Old November 16, 2017, 04:25 PM   #55
44 AMP
Staff

Quote:
The fact that he was a prohibited person, had his firearms turned in, and somehow illegally acquired more doesn't fit the gun control narrative.
Heads up, a new article on MSN from the AP included this...

Quote:
The man who went on a shooting rampage in Northern California this week found an easy way around a court order prohibiting him from having guns: He secretly built them at home.
It says the two rifles the killer had with him when stopped were "ghost guns".

No real details other than they were "built from kits" that "anyone" can mail order...

Of course, this is going to set off an attempt to outlaw making your own firearms, but the reality is that it is a fine example of how NO LAW will stop a man determined to kill.
Old November 17, 2017, 12:44 PM   #56
WW2

Already outlawed in California!

Luke 22:36
Quote:
Then said he unto them, But now, he that hath a purse, let him take it, and likewise his scrip: and he that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one.
Old November 17, 2017, 01:28 PM   #57
rickyrick

Quote:
Already outlawed in California!
Especially murdering people with them.