The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > Hogan's Alley > Tactics and Training

Old February 3, 2014, 04:05 AM   #26
Regular Joe

In the context of the story, it's totally cut and dried. The son did the right thing, and no charges are expected to be filed.
If it happened here, next to my apartment, I'd grab the G19 and the phone, and hit the floor, laying as flat as I could make my fat self. I don't know any of my neighbors beyond pleasant greetings in passing. I don't know if one of the husbands is sick of the wife, or vice-versa, er wut.
If I felt the need to play sheep dog, my intent in intervening would be to try and put a stop to the altercation, but I'm not that civic minded.
Old February 4, 2014, 05:42 PM   #27
lcpiper

OH, and by the way. Be really careful of this one twist on things when it comes to family members shooting at each other. Sometimes, it's ok as long as they are the only ones doing the shooting but the minute a stranger shows up and wants to play, he becomes everyone's enemy.

It's like that old saw, breaking up a dog fight is a good way to get bit, twice