The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Skunkworks > Gear and Accessories

Old March 13, 2009, 01:19 PM   #1
ZEBRARANGER

Burris XT-120 Tactical Laser Flashlight

I need some input on this tac light. I've been thinking about the use of a tactical light on one of my HD guns, either the P99 .40 or the 90-Two. I found the Burris XT-120 with laser online for about $225.00 and as high as $299, but I dont know much about it. I know its rated at 120 lumens, ambidextrous operation, waterproof, shockproof, fogproof and such, but does anyone have it and how well does it work? Is the quality really there?
Old March 13, 2009, 03:08 PM   #2
simmons5

I think it has a Zenon bulb. So I assume it would burn through batteries quicker then an LED. I know that the TLR-2 puts out more light but I could not tell you from experience.
Old March 13, 2009, 07:40 PM   #3
ZEBRARANGER

It does have a 120 lumen Xenon bulb, thats a very good point about the Xenon bulb. Compared to LED the Xenon will eat up the batteries pretty quick. I Like the lifetime warranty on the Streamlight TLR-2 and will probably go with it.