The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Hide > The Dave McCracken Memorial Shotgun Forum

Old September 3, 2001, 05:40 PM   #1
PaulTX

Copstock

Does anyone have any information or experience with the Knoxx Industries Copstock folder? If their claims are valid, it sounds like a nice stock for my M500 when they are available.

Copstock
Old September 3, 2001, 07:07 PM   #2
scouter27

I don't really understand how it reduces recoil, but if it failed for some reason, I bet it would hurt. Beyond that, in the picture it looks like 3" shells may get caught on ejection. It may be just the angle it's at, though.
Old September 3, 2001, 09:45 PM   #3
Nightcrawler

If it works..

I'd get one for my Winchester 1300. I just got my shoulder pounded on my 3" shells this past weekend, and I'm really considering picking up their CompStock, should I aquire the funds. I'd have to get a "black & tactical" foregrip for my Winchester, though, replacing my nice (looking) wood furniture, but if the recoil was reduced by 54% as they claim, it'd be worth it.
Old September 3, 2001, 10:52 PM   #4
Elfuego Baca

Recently got a Hogue Comp Stock for my Mossberg 590.

It cuts down the Recoil of the 12 gauge Mossy to about that of a 20 gauge.

I like it a lot.

I can easily shoot 40 to 50 rounds of a wide variety of projectiles from assorted ammo manufacturers and now I shoot Pain Free.

Why don't these Shotgun Manufacturing companies offer Compensting Stocks of their own on all their shotguns?

They must think we enjoy the Bone Numbing Pain & Bruising up our Shoulders for a week and a half.

Well, maybe some of us do.....
Old September 4, 2001, 04:26 AM   #5
Dave McC
Staff In Memoriam

I'm not into pain,EB. OTOH, I have and do shoot up to 100 rounds in a couple of hours w/o trauma.

I'vw also fired over 100 rounds combined of 00 and slugs(NOT Reduced Recoil stuff) and walked away smiling.

There's no big red S on my chest. I know how to shoot and I do it with heavier shotguns than most. And, they are fitted to me.

I also weigh about 250, stand 6'2" and take a size 52 coat.In soaking up kick, size does matter.

FYI, Remington and Winchester both used to offer a HydroCoil stock as an option, long ago. They didn't sell.
Old September 4, 2001, 12:10 PM   #6
jadams951

I'm in the same boat as DaveMcC. I'm only 6'0" and 170 lbs or so and it doesn't bother me bad after shooting 12 guage shells.

Wussies!!!
Old September 4, 2001, 01:30 PM   #7
scouter27

The first time I shot 3" from my 12 it hurt. after that, I started putting the stock tight to my shoulder. Now I can shoot the m all day. What I'm getting at is that sometimes form can solve heavy recoil problems.
Old September 4, 2001, 05:23 PM   #8
Gunfighter

Folding Stocks on Shotguns are BAAAAAAAD!!