The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Skunkworks > Gear and Accessories

Old December 19, 2016, 02:50 PM   #1
P71pilot

holster for small guy

I am going to be getting a PPQ to replace the one i had and loved, but had to sell. I had an aliengear cloak tuck holster for it, which was extremely uncomfortable for me, so i could not carry the pistol.

I think i may have decided kydex/hybrid holsters are out of the question, they dont offer enough flexibility to conform to my 32" waist at 3 o clock, where i prefer my pistol to sit. It also must be IWB.

I have found a website calles craft holsters which sells falco made holsters, made somewhere in europe, i found a design i like which costs $67 plus shipping, whch seems a good deal. I am nit able to find many iwb leather holsters that fit my criteria, which is a slight cant and 2 widely spaced belt loops.

I may just get some leather and make my own or attempt to
Old December 19, 2016, 03:49 PM   #2
MandolinMan

I also have a 32" waist and frequently use an Alien Gear holster which I find very comfortable at the 4:00 position.

I think your problem might be the 3:00 position which pinches your pistol squarely against the hip bone. I find that this position works well for OWB carry, but not so much IWB.
Old December 19, 2016, 07:04 PM   #3
pnac

http://stealthgearusa.com/holsters/s...lther-ppq.html
Oh Lord grant me speed - Gram Parsons
Old December 19, 2016, 09:31 PM   #4
Auto5

I haven't had a 32 waist for a couple of decades. I like the hybrid holsters, but I have to remove my gun and holster several times during the course of the day to go in an out of restricted areas and the alien gear/crossbreed/old faithful type holsters just too hard to put on and take off, especially while seated in the car. On those days, I prefer a Remora holster,. Easy to remove and put back on. It stays in place thanks to my covert organic weapons retention system, cleverly described as body fat. Maybe you just need to eat more
Old December 19, 2016, 09:52 PM   #5
P71pilot

One of my family members has a stealthgear and swears by it, however i cannot spend that much money on something i doubt will work for me.
Old December 21, 2016, 01:53 PM   #6
T. O'Heir

"...have a 32" waist..." A what? snicker.
Holsters aren't made for the wearer. They're made for the firearm. Belts are made for the wearer.
Falco is in the Slovak Republic. You can by directly from them, Stateside. I think. Torrance, CA.
http://www.falcoholsters.com/
Old December 21, 2016, 07:26 PM   #7
Hoppy

If you can, see if you can try on the Stealthgear. If I were to buy another holster, it would be that one as the reviews are great and it does look comfortable. The only thing holding me back is I've never tried a large one with 2 clips like that.

That and I make my own holsters. I would say, if you think you can make your own, go for it. You can then start to determine what it is you require and want in a holster. Your first try doesn't have to be the holster you end up with.

I have made holsters out of leather as well as kydex. My carry holsters are now kydex minimalist style. They are easy on/off and very secure and comfortable.

Good luck with it.

Tags
leather