The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > Hogan's Alley > Tactics and Training

Old March 7, 2010, 08:58 PM   #26
jcjr3020

I have always used the .22lr to get rid of the flinching before hunting season, (dont have the time or money to shoot all year) but the "Eggshells" technique sounds great. I have noticed that i only flinch when i am at the range, and i never flinch when i am in the field taking a deer. So somthing to take my mind of the shot at the range would be great for me.
Old March 8, 2010, 08:30 PM   #27
angel71rs

Try an airsoft pistol. A while back I noticed my groups start to loosen up. So I decided to work on technique at home with my airsoft before my next range trip. To my surprise, noticed a small flinch on the 1st few shots. Did the airsoft for a while, then off to the range, everything good.

I bought the airsoft to practice technique, breathing, trigger pull, etc., for cheap at home. Who would have thunk it would end up helping to expose/exorcise a flinch...
Old March 10, 2010, 08:09 PM   #28
Big Tom

I went to the shooting range last week. I was using my Marlin 795ss. The guy to my left was shooting a .50 cal and some guys to my left were shooting a .41 mag from the sound of it. Anyways the .41 caused to mess up a little, but the ban from that .50 cal mad me screw up and flinch everytime it was fired. And it emitted heat that made me sweat! I eventually got ****** off and said, "Let me show them the advantage to a low cal. gun!" I shot of ten rounds one after another hitting the bull's eye. Then I got yelled at for using "rapid fire". Dont know why cause it was a semi auto and it wasnt posted as a rule at the place I was shooting! I will be going again on Saturday with both Marlin 795ss and my Savage Arms Mark II. Thing I learned other than the fact that loud noises mess me up is that Remington Thunderbolts are poop! I got three or four duds in a 50 rnd box! And it caused myguns to jam at around 7 times between them....use Winchester Super X, thats all I can say! Just thought I'd share with all of you!