The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The North Corral > Lock and Load: Live Fire Exercises

Old July 14, 2011, 11:44 AM   #1
scottycoyote

looking for training schools in mideast (nc/va/md/ky)?

im looking for a good school in the mideast to attend, something that would teach basic combat shooting and techniques.....wouldnt mind some shotgun and rifle or sniper training too. Im not military, not looking to join an agency or take up security, it would just be for the experience, can anybody recommend me some good schools or websites to research?
Old July 14, 2011, 12:11 PM   #2
Capt. Charlie
Moderator Emeritus

Well, you might start by taking a wander through this sticky thread in our very own Tactics & Training Forum .

I train in earnest, to do the things that I pray in earnest, I'll never have to do.

--Capt. Charlie
Old July 14, 2011, 01:19 PM   #3
scottycoyote

thx captain, i did a search on here but i guess i didnt have the key words right
Old July 14, 2011, 11:10 PM   #4
Tom Givens

Try Cedar Ridge Shooting Academy, in Cave City, KY. It is halfway between Louisville and Nashville. Excellent facility and top notch trainers.
Old August 3, 2011, 09:14 PM   #5
1776 Patriat

Quote: "Try Cedar Ridge Shooting Academy, in Cave City, KY. It is halfway between Louisville and Nashville. Excellent facility and top notch trainers."

X2! Have heard nothing but good things about them. I actually stopped by there when I was stationed in Kentucky and was impressed.
Old August 7, 2011, 07:52 PM   #6
langenc

Dont look in Maryland. They are very gunner UNfriendly. Spend you $$$ almost anywhere else-except IL, NY, NJ and couple more in the Atlantic seaboard area.
Old August 13, 2011, 02:25 PM   #7
Dismal Vortex

Revolver Training

If you haven't already found one, this range and training facility is in Memphis, TN and I believe Tom Givens periodically runs a revolver training class.

Contact www.rangemaster.com and they can advise you.

Regards