The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > Forum Support > Site Questions and Tech Support (NO FIREARMS QUESTIONS)

Old August 31, 2000, 10:46 PM   #1
bratty

i tried to reg w/ one of my hotmail addys and it said that it wasnt acceptable?? my business' email addy is a hotmail accnt. my hubby's is as well.

its even a firearms business.....

would this be a past troll issue? i am just curious, TIA, carree huffman, azexarms
Old September 1, 2000, 05:38 AM   #2
Hal

Rich L., the owner of TFL, determined Hotmail was a source of spam/trolls that failed to respond to complaints. His "living room" his "rules". I "grandfathered in" with my Hotmail account, as did some others, in case you question the listing in my profile. You could also do as I have done and block your e-mail address you registerd with, and insert your Hotmail address in your profile.
That being said, welcome to TFL. Aside from a very, very, very few minor things, such as the above, a great place to visit. AFAIK, Hotmail is the only free e-mail that is blocked.

My own choice of Hotmail, a Microsoft owned entity, is due to my dislike of most things Microsoft. I would rather have Microsoft servers fill up with spam, than those less offensive.
Old September 1, 2000, 04:53 PM   #3
Jason Demond

I only use hotmail. So I guess mine must be grandfathered also..

------------------
ACCEPT NOTHING LESS THAN FULL VICTORY!"
General Dwight D. Eisenhower-- June 6,1944
------------------------ http://www.homestead.com/gunrights/G...Gunrights.html