The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The North Corral > Competition Shooting

Old December 3, 2004, 12:08 AM   #1
azsilver

What's a good Woman's IDPA Holster for my SIG P220 ST with a rail?

I want to start shooting IDPA. I need a good holster for my SIG P220 ST with a rail. I read the IDPA rules I found the following:

NOTE: The following holsters are permitted for women only

Bears Den – Woman's Hipster Blade-Tech – Drop and Offset Heinie – Ladies DOJ Ky-Tac Ladyhawke LH Talon Tactical – Ladies Offset Wilson Combat – Ladies Practical and Ladies Tactical Assault

Please tell me what you know about these holsters?

My Gun fits in my husbands holster...but it is really hard to draw my gun from his holster.

Thanks for your help!

Last edited by azsilver; December 3, 2004 at 08:58 PM.
Old December 3, 2004, 08:29 AM   #2
Jim Watson

Bears Den: I am sad to report that The Bear is deceased.
Blade-Tech: Good rigs.
Ky-Tac: Good rigs, sloooow delivery.
Dunno about Heinie or Wilson.
I use Ready Tactical available from
www.pistolpacking.com
He makes a Lady's offset holster and mag carrier, but I don't know if he has or has access to a railed SIG-Sauer to form to.

Be SURE you are getting a holster made for that searchlight rail or it WILL be too tight if it fits at all.
Old January 6, 2005, 09:09 PM   #3
ClarkEMyers

Heinie DOJ is an Alessi with Heinie exclusive

When you've said Alessi you've said all you need to say - it may or may not suit you but you can't buy more dedication or experience in the holster art. It's the holster I'd buy for my wife if she hadn't left the range. Must admit I don't use one myself - I've an Alessi GWH in hand with a spare coming (two is one and one is none)

On the other hand the IDPA rules just changed and folks may want to look at the new rules and even kibitz the discussion boards before spending a fair amount of money on a competition holster. The new language for magazine holders is catching some criticism as well.

On the gripping hand, it's never a mistake to buy an Alessi holster and they do hold more value than most.

Pretty sure the Wilson branded holsters will stay legal for competition but I don't know about the Wilson woman's holster adapter - I'd not count on it.
Old January 6, 2005, 11:17 PM   #4
Jim Watson

Yes, hold the phone, the rules have changed... TODAY, the Stability of Equipment Rule doesn't mean much if you are the boss.

You can see the new rules at
http://www.eastontacticalops.com/rulebook/rulebook.pdf
Holsters start on pg 27.
Note that there are still allowances for women.
I don't think I'd buy a holster right away unless a cheap one to get to some shoots until we figure out what they are talking about.
Old January 13, 2005, 09:20 PM   #5
spd522

Like the others said, check with the new rules before doing anything. I also think the stainless SIGs (P220 and P226) have now been banned because of the weight limits.
Old January 18, 2005, 09:30 PM   #6
LdyAtavist

I like

I like the Blade-Tech DOH, I have one for each of my IDPA guns and most of the other women I shoot with have ended up switching over to it after trying mine out- and yes it is still legal for us under the new rules.