The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Hide > NFA Guns and Gear

Old March 13, 2021, 11:36 AM   #1
Leviatano

CI 50 grain .22LR subsonic.

Local pawnshop has a brick of ammo made by what I take to be a Mexican subsidiary of CCI. Cascade Cartridge Internacional SA de CV.

[email protected]

Anyway, nickeled case, 50 grain lead solid bullet. Rated out of an unknown length barrel @ 1040 ft/sec. I bought two 50 round boxes, their limit, @ $5.95 per box.

Since it's raining like the Old Testament here, I won't be able to shoot this weekend. Online info seems to be sparse.

Anybody familiar with this load? I have run tons of Mexican Aguila SV (different company, but still Mexico) with great success, but now that is as scarce as anything else.

Guy I know used the Freedom Munitions 50 gr nickeled case ammo with success in his 4" Buckmark host...this may be the same stuff.
Old March 13, 2021, 02:15 PM   #2
T. O'Heir

Lotta discussion on Rimfire Central both pro and con. Cons say it's over priced Mexican junk. They also talk about 2" groups at 25 yards. That'd likely be more about the rifle not liking it. 22's being like that.
There's a discussion about Cascade here that might help. Their web site is in Spanish only.
https://forum.cartridgecollectors.or...m-ammo/28196/2
Graf's wants $5.89 per 50. They don't have any due to Covid, of course.
Old March 13, 2021, 03:12 PM   #3
Leviatano

Thank you, Sir.

The Remington I mostly shoot is far from great ammo. But into last summer I could find it a few hundred at a time. So I bought it.

My CZ457 likes the Aguila SV just fine. I'll let you know what I find out.
Old March 27, 2021, 06:28 PM   #4
Leviatano

Took it out today. Ran about 100 rounds through a 3.5" Ruger Mk II, a 4.5" 10/22 SBR, a CZ 457 bolt action and a Crickett I've threaded for a suppressor.

It was all shot suppressed, and range was 25 yards.

The good. It ran the 2 semi autos in a quite snappy way, which makes me think it's full pressure. And it was still quiet to my unscientific ears.

The Mk II has around 2.9 inches of bore, but has always shot pretty well. A really good crown and a stiff barrel I'd venture to guess.

The bad. The two short semiautos put it in a soup can lid sized group both for me, and a friend who is a much better shot. The two 16" bolt rifles grouped it at an inch or a bit less, which is no worse than a lot of Wildcat and Thunderbolt grade bulk does for me.

It all went off with one strike. No tumbles or keyholes. It's average cleanliness.

Tags
subsonic .22lr. mexico.