The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > Hogan's Alley > Handguns: The Semi-automatic Forum

Old July 14, 2018, 09:37 PM   #1
libiglou

Desert eagle adj sights

Well I took my 44 mag DE to the range today. Its been about 5 years since I shot her and the sights are messed up. The gun shoots way low. I had adj sights done years ago and they were not right. I broke off part of the rear sights screw years ago. I had a buddy confirm the problem today and decided I wanted to get her shooting in top form again since it is a lot of fun shooting this gun. The front sight is too tall so I'm thinking of just replacing them both and starting all over. Anybody have any recommendations. Thanks
Old July 14, 2018, 09:51 PM   #2
dewcrew8

ya, I would replace and start over,I like the orange front with white back from millet but checking there web page it looks like they stopped carrying them.
Old July 15, 2018, 09:17 AM   #3
libiglou

I'm pretty sure I have the millet sight now. Wasn't crazy about them. Limited options with this pistol. The search continues....
Old July 28, 2018, 04:44 AM   #4
oughtsix

I went for the less expensive adjustable fiber sites on the Kahr site for my Desert Eagle L5 .50. I like them much better than the stock combat sights.

https://shopkahrfirearmsgroup.com/si...ep-fo70996.asp

I like 3 dot sights and shoot my DE much better with these sights. The sites themselves are smaller than I had expected but this is not necessairly a bad thing. They are well worth the $80 they cost in my opinion and seem plenty rugged for long term use. They took minimal filing for a good solid fit.

Last edited by oughtsix; July 28, 2018 at 12:19 PM.