The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Conference Center > Law and Civil Rights

Closed Thread

Old June 9, 2018, 09:45 AM   #26
Double Naught Spy

Quote:
Nice tirade but I will make 2 points.

1: Him and I were the only 2 people there, he was responding to the question I asked him about the laws currently on the governors desk so no one else was there to hear his so called agenda to enrich himself.

2: Again he knows that I am NOT A STATE RESIDENT so those laws if passed would have no effect on me what so ever other then I would quit using his range facilities. He loses money not gaining a thing.
You seem to place a lot of credibility into circumstance that you perceive as credible instead of into actual facts. Here I will make the first of 3 points.
1. It does not matter how many people were in the shop and how the information came about. No credibility added there. You bit hook line and sinker. You were fed some sort of unsubstantiated rumor and are now spreading it as fact when you can't support it and nobody here can find any validation of your claims.
2. That you are not a resident is immaterial - adds no credibility to the claims.
3. It would seem that you are vehemently sticking to your guns on this to save face instead coming to the realization that no such proposed legislation has come about.

Quote:
No I cannot confirm what was talked about or provide sources because I did not ask for sources. But then I suppose the sources you provided are the ONLY legitimate sources available to anyone.
Why are you passing on unsubstantiated gun store rumors as fact without any sort of verification?

Quote:
I will say this, I grew up and spent 30years in northern Illinois, I still have family in Illinois, I still live close enough that I still receive all the Chicago TV New channels and still see many of the local newspapers. I still listen to many Chicago radio stations.
Which is pretty meaningless to any sort of credibility of your particular claims.

Quote:
So verified or not I will suggest that whether published now or not many NEW GUN LAWS are coming to Illinois. Why? They have the power and they have the votes! Just watch.
Now we are to the backpeddling Chicken Little part of the substantiation. The proverbial sky is falling...that even if what you said isn't real, that something will happen in the future. This does nothing to support anything you have passed on here and isn't any sort of new information. Illinois has been a problem for a long time, we all know that, but just because it has been a problem doesn't mean that the claims you are passing off as fact are any more substantiated. This new vague warning of yours is no actual warning.
Old June 9, 2018, 10:37 AM   #27
CLYA

As a long time business owner, I really doubt the "revenue" part of the equation. Is someone really going to get rich here, considering it's easy just to go elsewhere?
Old June 9, 2018, 10:50 AM   #28
Evan Thomas

This entire thread is nothing but speculation about unsubstantiated rumors; this is not the purpose of this forum. When there is actual proposed legislation to discuss, we can do that, but this one is closed.