The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Skunkworks > Gear and Accessories

Old December 12, 2010, 09:29 PM   #1
ar15chase

Sub-Compact XD holster

I recently purchased a sub-compact XD 9mm. I want a Blackhawk Serpa holster for it, but I cant find one, or anything similar, that is made exclusively for the sub-compact. I have read threads about people taking the Serpas for the full size XD and cutting them down. But thats not something I'm interested in trying, I'd hate to ruin it. Anyone have a suggestion on a similar product, with some type of locking mechanism that would work?? I'm not interested in a leather or nylon holster.
A man who has nothing which he is willing to fight for, nothing which he cares about more than he does about his personal safety, is a miserable creature who has no chance of being free, unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself.
Old December 12, 2010, 10:39 PM   #2
lee n. field

Quote:
Anyone have a suggestion on a similar product, with some type of locking mechanism that would work??
Locking? A good Kydex holster will hold it plenty securely.

I like the Bladetech UCH.
"As was the man of dust, so also are those who are of the dust, and as is the man of heaven, so also are those who are of heaven. Just as we have borne the image of the man of dust, we shall also bear the image of the man of heaven. "
Old December 15, 2010, 03:21 PM   #3
gimike

Here's a video of a spring loaded hood. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AXPE5gVnNhU