The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > Hogan's Alley > Handguns: The Semi-automatic Forum

Old May 5, 2022, 02:40 PM   #1
ADIDAS69

Stargate SG1

Finally got an MP5 and need assistance re scope mounts. I’m making the same design they had in the first few seasons of SG1 with the 3X scope. I’ve the scope and the gun just need a mount if any has a line on a good option please lend your knowledge to me.
Old May 5, 2022, 03:32 PM   #2
Rob228

Was a huge fan of the movie, never got into SG1.

A quick image search looks like a claw mount with a weaver rail, this site says to be "accurate" for the look they used a rail from an airsoft company

https://www.sg1props.com/props/weapons/mp5/mp5-scope

If close enough works for you without using parts made for airsoft this was one of the few weaver claw mounts that I found: https://www.combathunting.com/Scope_...ope_Mount.html
Old May 5, 2022, 03:36 PM   #3
TunnelRat

Stargate SG1

When you say you got an MP5, what do you mean exactly? You got a fully automatic, transferable machine gun that was actually produced as an MP5? You got a semiautomatic HK variant, whether one of the older ones or the newer SP5? You got one of the clones imported from other countries? There are a lot of MP5 variants floating around. That said I think as mentioned above you’d want a claw mount.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old May 5, 2022, 03:43 PM   #4
Polinese

I think arms makes a claw mount
Old May 5, 2022, 03:46 PM   #5
TunnelRat

HK Parts has a whole section on mounts for the MP5 and clones. They’re pretty well known in the HK community as being reputable, although their prices aren’t always the best. Were I you I would browse the site and find what interests me then search on Google if it is elsewhere for cheaper. You’ll see a lot of stuff online for the MP5 geared towards airsoft. I’d avoid that as I’m not sure the durability on an actual firearm.

https://hkparts.net/shop/pc/hk-mp5-p...ls-optics-c91/

Old May 5, 2022, 04:11 PM   #6
wild cat mccane

when this hkparts owner neighbor of mine isn't being raided by the fbi for selling guns under the table.

Convicted too. I'd shop elsewhere if you like law and stuff

Post up some pics!
Old May 5, 2022, 04:14 PM   #7
TunnelRat

Stargate SG1

The site has continued on for 5 years after the founder was sentenced. It wasn’t the fault of the rest of the employees. If him being arrested means you won’t shop there, fair enough. Seeing as last I knew you didn’t even own an HK, I’m not sure they’ll miss the business .

Old May 5, 2022, 04:32 PM   #8
TunnelRat

Keeping in mind the fact that I explicitly said to use HK Parts to find mounting options and to then search for those same options using Google to find them for cheaper, in the event you don’t find those other websites show up in a Google search the forum HKPro had a thread specifically about vendors for parts:

https://www.hkpro.com/threads/best-w...kparts.545918/

I’ve personally used Midwest Gun Works and RTG Parts. I’ve used the former a lot. MGW is not HK specific and not everything might be in stock, but they restock relatively often and their prices are generally reasonable.