The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Skunkworks > The Smithy

Old January 14, 2000, 05:28 PM   #1
BigT

Yes, I'm thinking of getting night sites put on my EAA Witness. However, it usually isn't listed in the models available, so I'm wondering what a "typical" price would be for a gunsmith to modify the dovetail, etc. to fit a night site. TIA, Tom
Old January 14, 2000, 10:28 PM   #2
George Stringer
Staff Alumnus

Big T, I don't know about typical. I think I'm about average but I would also install a dovetail front. Max would be $70 depending if the rear had to be totally recut or just opened up a little. George
Old January 15, 2000, 03:32 AM   #3
BigT

Thanks George,
I'll keep you in mind. I payed a visit to your website and liked what I saw. One other question, on the guns you had pictured, are those prices for customer supplied guns, or does that include the Essex frames and all parts?
Thanks again!
Tom
Old January 15, 2000, 08:09 AM   #4
George Stringer
Staff Alumnus

BigT, those include everything. They were also only examples. Those were built to customer specifications. The only 2 that are not are the standard and the Plain Jane. Also, the prices have gone up a little but I haven't been able to get the webmaster to change them. And my address has changed as well. If you like put together a description of the 1911 you want, e-mail it to me and I'd be happy to give you a quote. George